Audio By Carbonatix
The Hohoe District Assembly has joined the World Tourism Organization (WTO) and as a result the district would be taking part in the annual world tourism fairs with financial assistance from the WTO.
Mr John Peter Amewu, the Hohoe District Chief Executive, announced this at the People's Assembly at Hohoe on Wednesday. He said the move was a major boost to tourism development in the district and this would contribute to enhancing the socio-economic development of people in the district.
Mr Dennis Jordor, Chairman of the District Tourism Committee, told the Ghana News Agency that tourist visitation to the district had increased since it joined the WTO.
The district has requested for 45,000 dollars from the WTO to build the capacity of hoteliers, tour guides and chop bar operators in the district.
He said an auditorium being built by the Ministry of Tourism and Diaspora Relations to house a museum, a library, restaurants and workshops to serve visitors to the Wli Waterfalls would be ready soon. Mr. Kofi Dzamesi the Volta Regional Minister, said a total of 100 potential investors were in the region last year to explore investment avenues.
He attributed this to the prevailing peace in the region. During an open forum concerns raised by the public included poor execution of road projects, bushfires, lack of education on the proposed national identification programme and the absence of mass transport in the district.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Benatia leaves Marseille amid ‘growing dissatisfaction’
38 minutes -
Captain Van Dijk wants ‘so important’ Salah to stay
47 minutes -
SMS must deliver in 5 seconds – NCA issues new mobile service targets
57 minutes -
NCA orders telcos to extend network coverage beyond district capitals
1 hour -
African Union summit clouded by Saudi-UAE rivalry in Horn of Africa
2 hours -
No more excuses – NCA rolls out stricter mobile service standards
2 hours -
Call drops must fall below 1% – NCA raises bar for telcos
2 hours -
China to implement zero tariffs on imports from 53 African countries
4 hours -
Tunisian police detain opposition figure Olfa Hamdi at airport
5 hours -
US deports 9 to Cameroon despite court protections, NYT says
5 hours -
Mali renews Barrick Mining’s Loulo license for 10 more years
5 hours -
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
5 hours -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
5 hours -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
5 hours -
‘Trump will be gone in three years’: Top Democrats try to reassure Europe
6 hours
