Former Chief Justice, Georgina Theodora Wood, has denied benefiting from the sale of prime government lands following a Joy News report on the dishing out of the properties among the political class at jaw-dropping prices.
In a rejoinder sent to Joy FM, the former Chief Justice was categorical she "never applied for or been allocated any property on or around the date stated".
Over 416 individuals, mostly previous government officials were allocated state lands between 2009 and 2016.
Former Presidents, John Kufuor and Jerry Rawlings have admitted they received the lands but while John Kufuor claims it is part of his ex-gratia, Rawlings has explained it is for his foundation.
Former National Chair of the National Democratic Congress Dr Kwabena Adjei, former CEO of the National Health Insurance Authority Dr Sylvester Mensah and former Education minister Lee Ocran all acquired state lands in luxurious areas like Airport Residential Area, North Ridge, East Legon Switch Backroad etc.
- ‘Supreme Court was afraid, didn’t do justice to election petition hearing’ – Kpessa-Whyte
- ‘God is alive’ – Shatta Wale speaks after being granted bail
- I was sued for instituting reforms at Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital – Okoe Boye reveals
- Chinese students sue Apple for not including a charger with the iPhone 12
- Akufo-Addo presents 50 vehicles to army; cuts sod for $24.8m housing project
- ‘The power of the people is stronger than the people in power’ – Alban Bagbin
- Police secures order to refer husband of missing woman, Rhodaline Amoah for psychiatric exams
- 29 in court for assaulting Police officers in Ada
- A woman pope? Meet the feminists trying to save the Catholic Church
- I carried the cross for my family, it must end with me – Breast cancer survivor
The GPL headline sponsor conundrum: Why GFA should have to reduce $1 million valuation
World Cup Qualifiers: Onana back in Cameroon squad for Malawi and Ivory Coast
‘He blew us away’ – Cagliari coach lauds youngster Afena Gyan
GFA announces a ‘No Vaccination, No Entry’ policy for its events
Covid-19: Ghana’s active cases now 1,817
Sudan army sacks six envoys as coup condemnation grows
Sudan coup: World Bank suspends aid after military takeover
Education Ministry terminates 27 of Mahama’s E-block contracts
Defaulters of ‘Operation Clean Your Frontage’ will get 1-year imprisonment – Henry Quartey
Benin bronze: ‘Looted’ Nigerian sculpture being returned by university
Extensively read contracts before signing a deal – Becca to colleague singers
Pope Francis to visit Canada for indigenous reconciliation
Useless column with Mawuli Zogbenu: ‘I dodged the left breast’
Kenya nurses fail English test for UK jobs
Liverpool plan to make Salah highest earner revealed, as contract claims rubbished