Gloria Sarfo is urging actors especially the up and coming to put their all in roles they are given no matter how small or limited the scene is.
According to her, those roles, if played perfectly, can serve as a breakthrough for actors in the industry.
In an interview with Hitz FM’s Doreen Avio, she disclosed that she had very few scenes in ‘Perfect Picture: 10 Years Later’, but she gave it her all – an act that earned her a nomination in the 2020 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
“If you think, you’re given a role without enough scenes or as an extra and you think it’s not enough so you can’t express yourself well with the role, you’re lying. I was given four scenes for my role and I did my very best to live the character.”
The TV show host said that it does not matter the number of scenes an actor gets in a movie but how well the actor plays the role.
Gloria Sarfo is the only Ghanaian to have been nominated in this year’s AMVCA. She was nominated in the best-supporting actress category.
The actress is competing with Nigeria’s Toni Tones, Eucharia Anunobi, Tina Mba, Mary Lazarus who were nominated for their role in ‘King of Boys’, ‘The Foreigner’s God’, ‘The Set-Up’ and ‘Size 12’ respectively.
To vote for your favourite nominee click here.
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- ‘It’s disappointing’ – Bofoakwa Tano coach on not being able to lead the team in Ghana Premier League
- Assin North by-election: NPP closes nomination as two persons pick forms
- Gonja-Mamprusi clash: Security personnel deployed to restore calm
- Two villages in North Gonja burnt down in renewed violence between Mamprusi and Gonja
- Education Minister cuts sod for TVET facility at Manso Nkwanta
- Chief, Pastor held over murder of student nurse in Mankessim face fresh charges
- Ghana Health Service launches mass drug administration
- Zambia’s state house clarifies row over handbags
- Latif Abubakar, Spanish Embassy thrills audience, makes history
- Boy who struggled to eat or speak due to tumour receives transformational surgery in Senegal
- Be the change you wish to see – Director-General of Webster University charges graduates
- Unilever’s Nana Yaa Owusu-Ansah wins Ultimate Woman of the Year at FMCG Awards
- Allegiance could mean a lot of things aside from citizenship – Prof Asare
- ‘We look forward to achieving our goals’ – Tariq Lamptey on playing for Black Stars
- World Hunger Day: Government urged to encourage science, technology and innovation in agriculture
- Help end violence against alleged witches – Gender Minister appeals to chiefs
- The African Institute for Professional Excellence donates laptops to KNUST College of Health Sciences
- Mr Eazi to go bullish on tech investment as he visits Estonia
- Chiefs endorsing candidates and political parties unconstitutional – Supreme Court