The Minister for Youth and Sports, Mustapha Ussif, has revealed the secret of his success at the controversial ministry.
According to him, he went to the Ministry with an open heart and mind and was able to rally the staff to support his vision.
Sports Ministers over the years have been hit with several controversies when it comes to issues of the Black Stars.
Under the erstwhile Atta Mills administration, at least three Ministers were appointed in the first term due to controversies that rocked most of them including Member of Parliament for Asawase constituency, Muntaka Mubarak.
But under the Akufo-Addo government, Mustapha Ussif is the second after his predecessor, Isaac Asiamah, who also had a tough time defending a budget for the Black Stars.
With these examples to learn from, the Sports Minister, in an interview on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen programme Tuesday, said he is being cautious.
His focus, he stated, is to fulfill the vision of President Akufo-Addo just six months into office.
“I met the staff and key stakeholders and they have all been supportive to ensure my vision is realised,” Mr. Ussif, who is also the Yagaba-Kubori Member of Parliament, stated.
The Sports Minister noted that, the fete chalked in the just ended Olympic Games in Tokyo was due to the support for other sporting disciplines.
“The athletes were motivated to give off their best and we made sure we paid all their bonuses. I’m a very happy man,” he added.
Mr Ussif was confident given the strategies he had put in place; the Sports Ministry will make Ghana proud.
- Akufo-Addo was apt, Aflao chief is not supposed to give Ministers of State ultimatums – Okoe Boye
- ‘Go and sin no more’ – Court cautions evangelist for fingering, fondling woman
- Lawyers reject compensation packages for victims of Ayawaso West Wuogon bye-election
- Arrogance of power has taken over Akufo-Addo – Sammy Gyamfi
- NIA to suspend services at 34 registration centres from Oct. 25 to Nov. 2
- Okada Riders Association reject government quadricycles
- We already knew that Komenda was an emotional project – Kofi Bentil
- Trafficked to Europe for sex: A survivor’s escape story
- Ghanaians would have paid more for sugar even with Komenda Sugar Factory – Kofi Bentil
- Adom TV’s ‘Big Talent Show’ gave me hope after I was wrongfully jailed for 5 years – Contestant
Winning the Super Cup will motivate us for Premier League promotion – Skyy FC coach
DOL Super Cup: Skyy FC edge out Tema Youth in epic shoot to claim maiden title
Ibrahimovic scores at both ends as Milan edge nine-man Bologna
Guardiola believes Foden can get better after his brace against Brighton
80% of widows who turned out for Tamale screening diagnosed with hypertension
KNUST JHS wins maiden edition of Nhyira FM Akan Akansie
Ejisuman SHS embarks on Peace Walk over encroachment of school lands
It’s time to legislate on funding, executing of projects – Kofi Bentil
NIA to suspend services at all 34 registration centres from Oct. 25
KBTH releases detained breast cancer patients after NDC Deputy Women’s Organiser settles medical bills
38 persons arrested for alleged assault on police officers
LEAP beneficiaries to be paid from October 25 to 29
Kwaku Antwi-Boasiako: Unemployed graduate – think about your pension
IGP visits Police officers involved in Walewale-Bolgatanga accident
Take education seriously – GFA tells players at maiden BARFA Women Awards