Audio By Carbonatix
Fabio Capello last night reminded John Terry: I am in charge of the England team.
And later the disgraced former skipper made a grovelling apology for his press conference blunder.
Capello reacted after Terry suggested Chelsea pal Joe Cole should play in tomorrow's crucial World Cup clash with Slovenia.
Terry claimed that Cole and Wayne Rooney were "the only two who can really open up things".
But boss Capello told him he should show more respect.
The Italian said: "Sometimes when you speak you have to be careful.
"The players may think individually but I have to think about the team. That's what is important.
"I respect Joe Cole. But he's one of 23 players here. All the players are on the bench but I think also when we speak about the players, about one single player, I think you have to respect the other players that played before."
Terry was persuaded not to raise what he claimed were issues the players wanted to get off their chests at a team meeting that was held on Monday night.
Fellow players, assistant boss Franco Baldini and Capello himself told him to keep quiet.
Asked if anything had been said at the meeting, during which the squad sat through the 0-0 draw with Algeria again, Capello replied: "No, absolutely not. In the meeting we saw the game without comment."
But last night Terry said: "I went into Sunday's press conference with the intention of being honest.
"I was asked a question about Joe Cole and maybe I went too far.
"But it was never my intention to upset the manager or the players and if I did upset anyone, I apologise.
"I've told the manager he has my total support and I'd like to stress I don't believe I've been a disruptive influence in the camp.
"I'd now like to put this behind me and concentrate on trying to win what is a massive game for England.
"All I was trying to do was to say how important it is to me to try to win the World Cup."
Source: The Sun
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
We Condemn Publicly. We Download Privately — A Ghanaian Digital Dilemma
1 hour -
Renaming KIA to Accra International Airport key to reviving national airline – Transport Minister
2 hours -
Interior Minister urges public not to share images of Burkina Faso attack victims
2 hours -
Unknown persons desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
2 hours -
I will tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
2 hours -
Ghana to host high-level national consultative on use of explosive weapons in populated areas
2 hours -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Leadership Communication and Alignment
3 hours -
Ace Ankomah writes: Let’s coffee our cocoa: My Sunday morning musings
3 hours -
Real income of cocoa farmers has improved – Agriculture Minister
3 hours -
I’ll tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
3 hours -
Titao attack should be wake-up call for Ghana’s security architecture – Samuel Jinapor
3 hours -
New Juaben South MP Okyere Baafi condemns Burkina Faso attack, demands probe into government response
3 hours -
A/R: Unknown assailants desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
3 hours -
What is wrong with us: Africans know mining, but do not understand the business and consequences of mining
4 hours -
Ghana Sports Fund begins grassroots field assessment in Volta North, uncovers talent and infrastructure gaps
4 hours
