The Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) has revealed that its patrol team prevented nine Ghanaians from exiting the country to Burkina Faso, through unapproved routes.
In a press release signed by Inspector Ibn Yussif Duranah Abdul-Mumin Seidu, GIS said the culprits, four males and five females, were informed about the Presidential directive on closure of land borders, aimed at combating Covid-19 and educated them on the dangers of using unapproved routes to and from Ghana.
Also, 11 Burkinababes and a female Malian, who were coming into Ghana through unapproved routes were refused entry into the country.
“The Ghana Immigration Service is determined to police the Upper West borders without let or hindrance. We call on the people of the Upper West Region to collaborate with state security agencies in the fight against the menace of irregular migration. Anyone who stands in our way in the fight against irregular migration shall be crushed.”
Meanwhile, to combat illegal migration, the Upper West Regional Commander, Chief Superintendent Peter William Andoh, through the Comptroller General, has developed strategic measures to suppress the menace.
“The vision of the Regional Commander is to make undocumented migration unattractive,” parts of the statement read.
- Father files $1m lawsuit after teacher cuts child’s hair
- Veteran actor ‘Kohwe’ passes on
- 11 SHSs put under surveillance on suspicion of exam malpractice – WAEC
- Guinea coup: ECOWAS gives military rulers 6 months to return country to constitutional order
- Brussels to name street after murdered sex worker Eunice Osayande
- Guinea coup: ECOWAS’ ultimatum for return to democratic rule not feasible – Col Festus Aboagye
- Hearts of Oak unveil new kits for 2021/22 season
- Sex workers at Sunyani arrested for allegedly beating a client to death
- Most professionals have reached out to pay their taxes after President’s call – GRA
- My wife paid for our wedding expenses and I cherish her for that – Joy FM listener
Understanding polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
Obaapanin Esther Basoah aka Adwoa Fordjour/Birago
Minority Leader moves for dissolution of regional collation centres ahead of election 2024
I deserve 3Music awards but I’ll get rid of them – Shatta Wale
High-speed internet via airborne beams of light
Three-member committee submits report on new Black Stars coach to GFA
27-year-old arrested for alleged murder
Manchester City: Pep Guardiola will not apologise for asking more fans to attend Southampton game
Korle-Bu open doors for patients to share experience on World Patient Safety Day
Nicki Minaj’s Covid-19 vaccine ‘swollen testicles’ claim is false, says Trinidad Health Minister
Livestream: First episode of Joy Entertainment’s ‘Moment with Joy’ features Emefa Adeti
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a risk factor for depression in women – Gynaecologist
#Phobia110 trends as fans react to new Hearts of Oak jersey
Ghana bags over $6.5 billion in oil revenue in 10 years
My wife paid for our wedding expenses and I cherish her for that – Joy FM listener