Audio By Carbonatix
A member of the Prampram Traditional Council, Asafoatse Lartey Bantama IV, has made an urgent request to President Akufo-Addo and Inspector General of Police (IGP), Dr George Akuffo Dampare, to impose a curfew on Prampram.
Speaking at a media briefing, he said this will help address the precarious security situation in the area.
A gun attack in the town led to the death of the Head of Kley Quarters, Nene Ayerh Otusei Klo II. It also caused injury to the Chief of Mobole, Nene Tettey Kodjo III, Francis Annertey Abbey and Head of Osuwem, Tawiah Nyumu.
The deceased and victims were among elders selected to help resolve issues within the Annerwe family at the Lalue shrine in the early hours of Tuesday.
“This area is becoming unsafe and has been characterised by the gruesome murder of residents, including traditional authorities, not forgetting late Mankralo for Prampram, Nene Atsure Benta III,” he said. Â
Nene Atsure Benta III was gunned down in 2018 by some assailants at Apollonia in the Kpone-Katamanso municipality whilst returning from a meeting at Greater Accra Regional House of Chiefs at Dodowa.
He is therefore appealing to President Akufo-Addo, IGP, George Dampare, and security heads in the Tema region to salvage the situation.

“We will readily abide by it if the situation demands imposition of curfew and assist with investigations to help unmask these trigger-happy faceless persons making the area insecure,” Asafoatse Lartey assured.
Meanwhile, Nii Ayiku Obleh IV disputes that the gun attack was motivated by a chieftaincy dispute.
“We’re not fighting the royal family. We’re not in any way in dispute with the royal family about who becomes the paramount chief or otherwise.”
“The deceased and victims were among elders selected to help resolve issues within the Annerwe family at the Lalue shrine,” he explained.
He was displeased with the notion being created that the Kley Quarters are not indigenes.
“We are not slaves or refugees as being peddled around by some individuals. We have a say when it comes to the history of founding Prampram,” Nii Obleh indicated.
He lauded work done so far by the security service aimed at bringing the perpetrators to book.
Armed police personnel provided security for attendees at the media briefing.
Drawing from last week’s incident, Nii Ayiku Obleh IV said he sees the need to seek police protection anytime they desire to hold a family meeting.
Latest Stories
-
Four dead and dozens injured in wave of Russian strikes on Kyiv
4 minutes -
Ageing and Longevity: Lessons from a 109-year-old
56 minutes -
Gov’t reaffirms commitment to Africa’s digital economy at AIGF launch
56 minutes -
One dead, multiple injured after Russia launches wave of strikes on Ukraine
2 hours -
Gov’t targets petroleum upstream recovery after five years of consecutive decline
2 hours -
TUC welcomes ICJ ruling affirming workers’ right to strike
2 hours -
NDC teachers launch grassroots political drive in Western North
3 hours -
GN Savings and Loans to reopen first branch in Elmina – Nduom
3 hours -
Mr Eazi’s Zagadat Capital acquires 17.31 per cent stake in Intravenous Infusions PLC
4 hours -
Usyk keeps titles with controversial Verhoeven stoppage
4 hours -
Suspect killed after opening fire on Secret Service near White House
4 hours -
Mahama, Macron push new chapter on reparatory justice
5 hours -
Ghana Institute of Architects cracks down on fake architects and illegal practice
5 hours -
Ghana to destroy over 4,000 illegal weapons in nationwide arms amnesty exercise
5 hours -
Headmen and Queen Mothers meet in Binde to promote lasting peace in Mamprugu Kingdom
6 hours