The Bank of Ghana has reiterated that inflation will remain within the medium-term target band of 8±2%, but closer to the upper limit in the near-term, barring any unforeseen shocks.
This is coming after October 2021 inflation hit 11.0%
According to the Central Bank’s September 2021 Inflation Outlook and Analysis Report, the main upside risks to inflation in the outlook include the elevated global inflation, pressures from domestic food prices and high ex-pump prices.
Headline inflation is also projected to remain within the medium-term target band in the near-term, driven broadly by food prices.
This reflects recent supply shocks which the Central Bank said is expected to put upward pressures on food prices.
Food inflation is forecast to remain elevated in the near-term before declining to the central path in the medium-term.
In contrast, non-food inflation is expected to stay close to the central path in the outlook.
It added that headline inflation is expected to ease to the central path in the medium term as food price pressures abate.
However, imported inflation is expected to stay elevated in the near-term and exert some upward pressures on domestic prices before easing as inflation returns to target in trading-partner countries.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’