Audio By Carbonatix
The Ministry for the Interior has stated that it has tightened controls on the ongoing recruitment into the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) to ensure the process is transparent, fair, and insulated from undue human interference.
The Interior Ministry has faced public concern in recent years over recruitment rackets within the security services.
The latest measures, officials say, are part of broader efforts to restore public confidence to safeguard the integrity of enlistment into Ghana’s security agencies.
Interior Minister Muntaka Mohammed-Mubarak gave the assurance during a working visit to a screening centre at Christ the King School in Accra on Wednesday, January 28, where Phase II of the recruitment exercise is currently underway.
He disclosed that the ministry has created a dedicated email address to receive reports of fraud linked to the process.
“All we are doing at the ministry is to ensure the process is transparent. No civilian is involved in it. People will do everything to defraud [applicants during] the process. So we have created an email — recruitment@mint.gov.gh — to receive complaints,” the minister told journalists.
Alhaji Mohammed-Mubarak further commended the service commanders overseeing the screening for exhibiting professionalism, noting that those seeking to serve the country were being treated with dignity.
He also praised the Ghana Immigration Service for putting in place a medical emergency response team at the screening centre — an initiative he said stood out from similar exercises he had observed.
“I am happy that, in their own way, they have provided a medical team. I heard someone fell sick and was given first aid,” he said.
Applicants who spoke to JoyNews described the process as orderly and well-coordinated, citing proper seating arrangements and refreshments provided while waiting to be screened.
“So far, the process has been smooth. We were refreshed and given seats, and they are following the seating procedure to attend to applicants,” one applicant said.
The current exercise marks Phase II of the GIS recruitment. Successful applicants will undergo two additional stages before the final phase.
Latest Stories
-
From UK losses to Ghana gains: CEO of Jacob West Limited Michael Kyei-Ayensu details real estate journey
3 minutes -
Over 1,000 Kenyans enlisted to fight in Russia-Ukraine war, report says
16 minutes -
Robert Mugabe’s son arrested in South Africa on suspicion of attempted murder
27 minutes -
Minority rejects Security and Intelligence Agencies Bill, cites ‘excessive executive powers’
30 minutes -
Islamist militants accused of killing 34 in raids on Nigerian villages
37 minutes -
DVLA commissions new premium service centre in Kumasi to better serve customers
40 minutes -
BoG warns of downside risks to cedi as a result of dividend payments
50 minutes -
Consumer spending posted mixed performance in 11 months of 2025 – BoG
53 minutes -
Wa District Magistrate Court convicts three for unlawful possession of firearms and ammunition
1 hour -
There is no governance gap at Defence Ministry – Kwakye Ofosu
1 hour -
Mahama to appoint Defence Minister ‘at the right time’ – Government
1 hour -
GRA boss donates to Mahama Cares
2 hours -
Education Ministry warns of severe consequences for assault on teachers
2 hours -
Absence of substantive Defence Minister a strategic risk – Amankwa-Manu
2 hours -
CDD reports tangible fall in cost of living during first year of Mahama administration
2 hours
