Canadian pop star Justin Bieber is engaged to US model Hailey Baldwin, US media report.
The 24-year-old popped the question at a Bahamas resort, according to TMZ. His security staff reportedly asked restaurant patrons to put away their phones before the star proposed.
CNN and E! News confirmed reports of the engagement, which Bieber's parents also appeared to celebrate online.
Bieber and Baldwin only recently reunited, having dated in the past.
Bieber's father, Jeremy, posted a photo of his son on Instagram, saying he was "Excited for the next chapter", while his mother Pattie Mallette expressed her excitement on Twitter.
TMZ reported Bieber and Baldwin appeared to have become involved again after Justin broke up with long-time girlfriend Selena Gomez.
Love Love Love Love Love Love Love.
— Pattie Mallette (@pattiemallette) July 7, 2018
Baldwin has appeared in American Vogue, Marie Claire and Spanish Harper's Bazaar.
She has also appeared in a number of modelling campaigns, music videos and television shows.
Baldwin, pictured in May, and the singer reportedly attend the same church
She is the daughter of Stephen Baldwin, the actor and producer who has starred in films like Born on the Fourth of July, The Usual Suspects and The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas.
She is also the niece of actor Alec Baldwin, who has starred in films like The Hunt for Red October and is known more recently for the television series 30 Rock and his portrayals of US President Donald Trump on Saturday Night Live.
But while this is obviously happy news for the future Mr and Mrs Bieber, many social media users appear to be less thrilled:
If Justin Bieber really is engaged to Hailey Baldwin. My heart breaks twice, once for myself and once for Selena
— Kait Pennington (@kaitpennington) July 8, 2018
If Justin Bieber & Hailey Baldwin are engaged, everything I”™ve worked for since I was 12 was FOR NOTHING
— Ellie (@elliefogel) July 8, 2018
- ‘I called my wife to bid her farewell when my vehicle was swept away’ – Flood survivor
- 2 police officers die in high-speed chase; 3 others injured
- Medikal remanded in prison custody for 5 days
- Ban on ‘aboboyaa’ on Accra highways to take effect from Nov. 1 – Henry Quartey
- ACP Agordzo’s fight to revoke his interdiction as police officer suffers another court adjournment
- Photos: Medikal’s day in court
- ‘Side-chicks’ are ‘helpers’ who spice up marriages, I demanded my husband gets one – Joy FM Listener
- Bishop Agyinasare cautions against military takeovers in spite of hardship
- Medikal to appear in court for brandishing gun amid #FreeShattaWale campaign
- John Boadu blames current employment challenges on NDC, Sammy Gyamfi disagrees
Sunon Asogli donates medical equipment worth ¢100,000 to Kpone Polyclinic
We can’t fight corruption until we take a second look at political funding – Prof Gyampo
Celebrated classical conductor, Bernard Haitink dies at 92
Adele returns to UK number one with huge figures for Easy On Me
Trafficked to Europe for sex: A survivor’s escape story
Ejisuman SHS teachers demonstrate against traditional rulers over sale of school lands
This is how cheating starts
Minority demands apology from Akufo-Addo over comment on abandoned Aflao E-block
Ghana’s Covid-19 death toll now 1,169
Girls at Agbekpui Basic School educated on breast cancer
One of the 3 police officers involved in Walewale-Bolga Highway accident still in critical condition
Media and Information Literacy week launched
Lawyers reject compensation packages for victims of Ayawaso West Wuogon bye-election
Statistical officers of local government urged to invest in personal training
We like the work fans are doing – Robert Addo ahead of WAC clash