Budding Ghana midfielder Kamal Sowah has completed a permanent move to Belgian giants Club Brugge, Joy Sports can exclusively reveal.
The Ghanaian, a Leicester City player since 2018, has been the subject of intense transfer rumours in the past few weeks, especially because of his form for the English side this pre-season.
But on Monday, the deal for a €9 million transfer plus add-ons was agreed, which is set to make the 21-year-old a record transfer for the Belgians.
Sowah spent the last three-and-a-half years on loan with City’s sister club OH Leuven in Belgium. Last season, he played in all 34 league games, scored eight and made six assists.
Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers did not include the budding talent in the matchday squad for either the Community Shield or the opening Premier League game of the season against Wolves.
“There have been one or two options from clubs who have come in for Kamal so we just need to assess that,” he said last week.
“It was my first chance really to see him. I wanted to bring him back in for pre-season, with him having done so well in Belgium and seeing his talent.”
Sowah joined Leicester from Right To Dream Academy after the two teams played a friendly in England.
- ‘I only met Godfred Dame to discuss Law School issues’ – Justice Dotse fights off Opuni bias claims
- Reckless driver in viral video fails to appear in court after falling sick
- I doubt impartiality of Justice Dotse; he should recuse himself – Opuni
- Court grants ‘Jesus Ahuofe’ ¢100k bail over Shatta Wale hoax shooting
- Sudan general declares state of emergency amid coup
- Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
- Renowned advertising personality, Torgbor Mensah passes on
- Thousands throng El-Wak stadium for Ghana Immigration Service screening
- Oyibi, Apollonia, Awoshie and other areas to experience power interruption
- We’ll settle the 2024 elections ‘anyway-anyhow’ – Afriyie Ankrah
Scripture clear on LGBTQ+; don’t call for God’s anger on us – FOMWAG
Current climate not the main cause of lower species diversity in Africa’s tropical forests – Research
Mali expels ECOWAS envoy amid pressure over polls
Manchester Arena bomber Salman Abedi’s parents living in Libya
Samsung heir Lee Jae-yong convicted and fined on drug charges
US calls for ‘unconditional return’ to civilian rule
‘Why I returned to Boko Haram and how I escaped’
Covid-19 vaccines: Paediatricians on frontlines of child jab plan
Covid-19: Don’t worry about touching door handles – GHS
Ghana to receive over 6.4 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines at the end of 2021 – GHS
Farmer, 38 jailed 15 years for incest
We did not thumbprint one million ballots – EC
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Man sues Apple for refusing to fix his iPhone
Farmer sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for defiling two siblings at Abordom