Evelyn Kani, mother of the second accused, Nicholas Kwami Kani standing trial for the alleged murder of the 10-year-old boy at Kasoa, has refused to visit the son in cells.
Speaking to JoyNews, the grandfather of the suspect, Noah Kani, said despite calls on his daughter to show compassion in these difficult times, the mother has maintained that she does not want to be associated with her son.
He explained that the conduct of the 18-year-old has brought shame to the family.
“As for his [Nicholas’] mother, she says she can’t stand looking at her child. She is saddened by the situation.
“We all hoped he will have a brighter future but what he has done is just disgraceful,” he said.
Nicholas Kani, 19, and Felix Nyarko, 15, are standing trial for the murder of the 10-year-old Ishmael Mensah Abdullah at Kasoa in April this year.
The two accused persons appeared before the Kaneshie District Court on Monday.
During the hearing, the first accused revealed they were also involved in the murder of a pregnant woman.
Although Felix Nyarko did not say when exactly they murdered the pregnant woman, he said the murder of Ismael Mensah Abdullah was not their first time killing.
The juvenile told the court that Nicholas was his accomplice in that act.
“Myself [sic] and Nicholas have killed a pregnant woman in the past but not in this case. We have killed a pregnant woman before. If Nicholas said he won’t tell the truth, I will speak the truth,” he told the court.
Felix stated that the agony the ghost of Ishmael Abdullah has taken him through made him confess to committing such dastardly acts.
Meanwhile, the lawyer for the duo, Samuel Attuah, says the revelation came to him as a shock.
“The confession about the murder of the pregnant woman came to me as a surprise because I had a conference with them and told them that anything they say will be used against them, so they are at liberty to state exactly what they know.
“But they didn’t mention to me that they have seriously committed such an offence, so it really came as a surprise,” he said.
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- 5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
- While you disregard your own laws, be mindful of the dire consequences – Isaac Adongo to BoG Governor
- Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
- #NSMQonJoy: St. Thomas Aquinas SHS makes it to one-eighth stage with 49 points
- It’s not everyone who can be entrepreneur – CEO of Websoft Solutions Limited
Chinese students sue Apple for not including a charger with the iPhone 12
Akufo-Addo lauds Okyenhene’s efforts on Climate Change
‘Electoral Commission has become more partisan than political parties’ – Kpessa-Whyte
Ghana receives 756,000 more doses of Johnson & Johnson single-shot Covid-19 vaccine
‘It is a good time to be in charge of your areas’- President Akufo-Addo to MMDCEs
Speaker of Parliament refers Madina MP’s contempt charges against police officers to Privileges Committee
Chamber of Commerce in Takoradi receives training on Cybersecurity Act
Philanthropist Dr Frank Awuah Adjei donates maternity block extension to KNUST Hospital
Errand boy stole my money and submitted fake documents to PPA – Road Contractor
Ashanti Region NDC holds retreat for constituency executives
Woman takes 23 family members on blind date to test man’s generosity
Anti-LGBT bill: Homosexuality is not a mental disorder – Group of 18
I was sued for instituting reforms at Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital – Okoe Boye reveals
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Insults, curses, and threats have no place in a secular democratic republic – Group of 18
CWG Ghana partners Centelon to host data quality management webinar