The Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital has taken delivery of two dialysis machines and 10 dialysis chairs to support treatment of kidney patients.
The equipment were donated by Sankofa Medical Charities, a US based not- for-profit organization.
The donation worth US$ 60,000 will boost dialysis services to kidney patients.
Dr. Oheneba Owusu-Danso, the Chief Executive of Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH), noted the timely intervention of the donation as the hospital is burdened with cases from all the 16 regions.
He revealed plans are underway to build another dialysis centre at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
He said the completion of the project is expected to increase the capacity of the centre from six dialysis machines to 22.
“Let me promise, on behalf of management, that we will take good care of the machines in terms of maintenance, ” he assured.
Secretary of Sankofa Medical Charities, Dr. Majeed Adams, observed the high number of dialysis requests received by the hospital informed the gesture.
“Looking at the huge population that KATH is serving, it is imperative to support the hospital,” he said.
The Ashanti Regional Minister, Simon Osei Mensah commended the donors and called for more support to the facility.
- Father files $1m lawsuit after teacher cuts child’s hair
- Veteran actor ‘Kohwe’ passes on
- 11 SHSs put under surveillance on suspicion of exam malpractice – WAEC
- Guinea coup: ECOWAS gives military rulers 6 months to return country to constitutional order
- Brussels to name street after murdered sex worker Eunice Osayande
- Guinea coup: ECOWAS’ ultimatum for return to democratic rule not feasible – Col Festus Aboagye
- Hearts of Oak unveil new kits for 2021/22 season
- Sex workers at Sunyani arrested for allegedly beating a client to death
- Most professionals have reached out to pay their taxes after President’s call – GRA
- My wife paid for our wedding expenses and I cherish her for that – Joy FM listener
I deserve 3Music awards but I’ll get rid of them – Shatta Wale
High-speed internet via airborne beams of light
Three-member committee submits report on new Black Stars coach to GFA
27-year-old arrested for alleged murder
Manchester City: Pep Guardiola will not apologise for asking more fans to attend Southampton game
Korle-Bu open doors for patients to share experience on World Patient Safety Day
Nicki Minaj’s Covid-19 vaccine ‘swollen testicles’ claim is false, says Trinidad Health Minister
Livestream: First episode of Joy Entertainment’s ‘Moment with Joy’ features Emefa Adeti
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a risk factor for depression in women – Gynaecologist
#Phobia110 trends as fans react to new Hearts of Oak jersey
Ghana bags over $6.5 billion in oil revenue in 10 years
My wife paid for our wedding expenses and I cherish her for that – Joy FM listener
World Bank discontinues publication of Doing Business report
Guinea coup: ECOWAS’ ultimatum for return to democratic rule not feasible – Col Festus Aboagye
Sex workers at Sunyani arrested for allegedly beating a client to death