Audio By Carbonatix
Kenya's President William Ruto has cancelled two major deals involving Indian billionaire Gautam Adani, after the tycoon was indicted for fraud by US prosecutors.
In his state-of-the-nation address on Thursday, Ruto said the deals had been cancelled based on "new information provided by our investigative agencies and partner nations".
The day before, Mr Adani, India's second-richest man, was charged with fraud by US prosecutors for allegedly orchestrating a $250m (£198m) bribery scheme and concealing it to raise money in the US.
Representatives from Adani Group have denied the allegations from US prosecutors and called them "baseless".
"In the face of undisputed evidence or credible information on corruption, I will not hesitate to take decisive action," said Ruto in a speech met with loud cheers inside parliament.

The Adani Group was set to invest $1.85bn in Kenya's main airport in exchange for a contract to run it for 30 years, as well as a $736m deal with the energy ministry to construct power lines.
Under the airport proposal, the upgrades would involve a new runway and an improved passenger terminal at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
The deals with the Adani group were hugely unpopular in the country, and there were concerns of corruption.
The airport deal sparked a strike among airport workers in September, as many feared it would lead to job losses.
Energy Minister Opiyo Wandayi told a parliamentary committee on Thursday there was no bribery or corruption involved in the procurement of the power lines.
President Ruto has pledged to take action against corruption, following repeated allegations against his administration.
Ruto said his government would now start to look for alternative partners for the airport and energy deals.
Latest Stories
-
Mali renews Barrick Mining’s Loulo license for 10 more years
3 hours -
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
4 hours -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
4 hours -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
4 hours -
‘Trump will be gone in three years’: Top Democrats try to reassure Europe
4 hours -
Cuban cigar festival called off as US blockade worsens energy crisis
4 hours -
Head of Dubai-based ports giant quits after Epstein links revealed
4 hours -
Nigeria’s state-owned NNPC records $4.2 billion after-tax profit in 2025
5 hours -
French tourist found dead in Chad after falling off cliff
5 hours -
Asuogyaman MP commissions four projects, breaks ground for more on birthday
5 hours -
GNFS averts potential petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
5 hours -
Ferocious fire at Agatex Paint Factory in Ho contained
5 hours -
MTN Ghana drives nationwide blood mobilisation in partnership with Ho Teaching Hospital
6 hours -
MTN Ghana leads lifesaving blood drive as Ho Teaching Hospital warns of critical shortages
6 hours -
KNUST dominate maiden SEEDAfrique Relay Open Championship in Kumasi
6 hours
