The Member of Parliament for Keta, Kwame Gakpey, has allegedly been attacked by armed robbers.
Narrating the incident, the legislator said his brother called him to help as a business centre was being attacked.
Upon reaching the scene, Mr Gakpey, who has been attacked for the third time in the last few months, told JoyNews that the robbers opened fire on him.
“They fired about four shots into my car; it is only by grace that I survived it…if it wasn’t for divine intervention, I won’t be alive today.
“Thankfully, the bullet went into the bonnet and the engine and damaged a few things. So I drove on to the nearest police station,” he said.
According to him, the robbers had fled the scene when the police arrived.
A security man was butchered, and two others, including, the mother of the owner of the business centre, were severely wounded due to the attack.
Meanwhile, the Ghana Police Service has announced the arrest of five robbers Saturday night at about 11:30 pm at Afiadenyigba in the Volta Region.
The armed men attacked a shop and shot into a vehicle.
Earlier, the Police declared a massive deployment of officers to strategic locations in the country to improve security.
- NSMQ 2021: When Prof Kaufmann was left speechless by Ketasco’s Bright Senyo
- As it happened: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Ketasco and Prempeh College battled for trophy
- Parliament rejects 2022 budget
- Playback: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Prempeh and Ketasco battle for trophy and glory
- NSMQ 2021: And God rested on the ‘Seven’ day to ‘Glory5’ Prempeh College
- Speaker suspends sitting over Majority Caucus’ absence in the chamber
- You lament over 1.75% levy, but not paying taxes – Ofori-Atta to 60,000 professionals, others
- Police publish list of 5 wanted vehicles for flouting road regulations
- Friends of missing Lands Commission staff besiege Asokwa District Court ahead of hearing
- NSMQ2021: Social media reacts to Prempeh catapulting decapitated Presec back to Accra
Mahama hands over renovated boys dormitory block to Ghanasco
Dela Sedode: Christ Me! Bagbin
FDA retrieves 270 cartons of expired Charme Sparkling juice
‘Killer budget isn’t coming back; we’re burying it for good’ – Ablakwa
Ministry of Lands PRO wins overall best PR officer of the year award
Join NDC’s presidential race if you are interested in being number 1 – John Boadu to Alban Bagbin
Livestream: Newsfile discusses 2022 budget and energy sector debt
2022 budget is a complete break away from the politics of borrowing – Buaben Asamoa
Cargill commissions $13m cocoa processing plant expansion in Tema
NPP will not shy away from unpopular decisions – John Boadu
Speaker’s ruling on 2022 budget has no binding effect on Parliament – Majority Leader
The last time a national budget was rejected in Ghana
Majority stages walkout over approval of 2022 budget
We’ll not tolerate any disrespect from Speaker – Majority Leader after walkout
‘Parliament hasn’t constitutionally rejected our budget’ – K.T Hammond