The Member of Parliament for Keta, Kwame Gakpey, has allegedly been attacked by armed robbers.
Narrating the incident, the legislator said his brother called him to help as a business centre was being attacked.
Upon reaching the scene, Mr Gakpey, who has been attacked for the third time in the last few months, told JoyNews that the robbers opened fire on him.
“They fired about four shots into my car; it is only by grace that I survived it…if it wasn’t for divine intervention, I won’t be alive today.
“Thankfully, the bullet went into the bonnet and the engine and damaged a few things. So I drove on to the nearest police station,” he said.
According to him, the robbers had fled the scene when the police arrived.
A security man was butchered, and two others, including, the mother of the owner of the business centre, were severely wounded due to the attack.
Meanwhile, the Ghana Police Service has announced the arrest of five robbers Saturday night at about 11:30 pm at Afiadenyigba in the Volta Region.
The armed men attacked a shop and shot into a vehicle.
Earlier, the Police declared a massive deployment of officers to strategic locations in the country to improve security.
- Charles Bissue will not turn himself in despite court order for his arrest – Lawyer
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Contact NCA if you are without Ghana Card and your SIM has been deactivated – Ursula
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- If Funny Face and I get back together, you’d just be the fool – Vanessa mocks naysayers
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid
- We need to join forces in fighting deforestation in Ghana – German Ambassador urges government
- Photos from burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame
- Karpowership and TTU give Subri River Reserve life with tree planting exercise
- SDGs Advisory Unit partners with Forestry Commission to plant 1000 seedlings
- Sudan rivals agree 24-hour truce, Saudi Arabia says
- Burkina Faso offers bounty for 20 ‘wanted terrorists’
- Boy, 14, hired to animate Spider-Man film
- OSP’s invite should extend to current IMCIM members – Dr Ken Ashigbey
- I wish Ghana could be like Germany – Prof Frimpong-Boateng on Green Ghana project
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%