Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana midfielder Laryea Kingston will ignore the current controversies at Scottish side Hearts as he tries to resurrect his career.
The 26-year-old was one of several new recruits to the already massive Gorgie squad in the January transfer window although his background was more colourful than most.
Kingston had already plied his trade in Ghana, Libya, Israel and Russia before arriving from Terek Grozny on a six month loan deal with the option of a three-year contract if both parties agree.
Although his third appearance in maroon produced a wonderful 25-yard free-kick which gave the unconvincing Jambos a point against St Mirren in their Premier League clash on Saturday, the match was almost an incidental background to another period of turmoil at the Tynecastle club.
After the Edinburgh club recently announced their debt had risen to a record US$55million, Hearts majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov became embroiled in more controversy after reports claimed he had accused the Old Firm of "buying off" players and referees in Scotland although that allegation was later denied.
But Kingston batted away questions about the peculiar nature of his new club with aplomb.
He said: "I'm a football player, not a politician and I came to Hearts to play.
"I wasn't aware of what had been happening before I arrived and I don't know if there are problems in the club.
"Every morning I go to training and look forward to playing in every game.
"I'm here on loan until end of the season and then there is a three-year contract on offer if I want to stay.
"I'm okay with the style of football. It's almost like England and I've been watching a lot of games in England before moving to Scotland.
"So I'm coping well with it."
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Gov’t to raise GH₵30bn through syndicated domestic bond to bail COCOBOD – Sagnarigu MP
4 minutes -
Brake failure claims life of trader in Kaase Gas tanker crash
8 minutes -
Majority, Minority clash over bill to revert NIB name to BNI and overhaul National Security structure
14 minutes -
Water crisis disrupting production – AGI president warns industrialisation at risk
20 minutes -
Office of Ga Mantse breaks silence on accident
21 minutes -
COCOBOD debt exceeded assets under NPP – Otokunor
27 minutes -
Samson Ahi labels Sehwi Wiawso cocoa protest politically engineered; points fingers at NPP
32 minutes -
Adongo accuses Akufo-Addo’s appointees of mismanaging COCOBOD; says they need ‘whipping’
37 minutes -
Trade Ministry denounces terror attack on Ghanaian traders in Burkina Faso
43 minutes -
Adongo dismisses COCOBOD bailout call, blames crisis on past Akufo-Addo government
48 minutes -
GRA prepares to meet GH¢360bn revenue target for 2028
1 hour -
We must refuse to be intimidated – Veep Prof Opoku-Agyemang challenges women
1 hour -
GRA to enforce Physical and Electronic Devices Act this year – Commissioner-General
1 hour -
NPP should be the last to comment on cocoa issues – Otokunor
1 hour -
Stop partisan comments on killing of Ghanaian traders in Burkina Faso – Ahiafor cautions MPs
1 hour
