Two persons accused of stealing several pints of blood at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra, have been put before the Adjabeng District Court.
Kwabena Adu Twum and Wilfred Tortsie, charged with conspiracy and stealing, pleaded not guilty.
The Court presided over by Nana Adwoa Serwa Adonteng admitted the accused persons’ bail in the sum of ¢20,000 with two sureties each after their lawyer had argued for bail.
The Court further ordered the accused persons to report every Wednesday to the Police. The matter has been adjourned to July 12.
Meanwhile, the Police have informed the court that efforts were underway to pursue additional leads on the matter.
On May 22, this year, two persons were arrested by security officials at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital for stealing blood.
The suspects were picked at the Surgical Ward while they attempted to steal “several” pints of blood.
A statement issued by the Public Relations Unit of the Hospital, said on Saturday, May 22, this year.
“The activities of the group came to the attention of the security on a tip-off. They then mounted surveillance that eventually led to the arrest of the suspects this morning around 2 am”, the statement explained.
The hospital said the arrest was done through a special operation.
It urged staff of the facility to be vigilant about their environment while on duty.
- Joyce Bawah Mogtari gives birth to triplets, receives love on social media
- Police officer found dead at Flagstaff House barracks
- Re: Akufo-Addo can’t even shower in presidential jet
- You can run, but you can’t hide – Kofi Boakye to bullion van attackers
- Father’s day: Dad’s car gift was a big surprise – 1st Class Degree holder-uber driver
- Insecurity in Ghana is not a reality – Police Service PRO
- Parents of Police recruits urged to limit financial demands on them
- Today’s front pages: Saturday, June 19, 2021
- Playback: Newsfiles discusses vaccine politics, daylight robberies
- Vaccine procurement: Government has enough grounds to abrogate deal with middlemen – Kwame Asiedu
KAIPTC to hold regional security stakeholders meeting in Banjul
Planting hemp will benefit the environment – Hemp Association of Ghana
Stop extorting money from our clients else we abrogate your contract – NHIA manager
5 Okyeman environmental task force members charged with robbery and unlawful possession of firearms
Griezmann saves France but Hungary earn famous point in raucous Budapest
Police must accept there is insecurity to enable them to fight it – Bombande
It’s time for reforms to address insecurity in West Africa – Akufo-Addo to ECOWAS leaders
Private Sector Anti-Corruption Group and GRA strategise to boost tax revenue
Vodafone partners best of Africa TV to launch video streaming service
Vaccine production: We can’t afford to be naked next time – Akufo-Addo to ECOWAS
Why I expect every guy I date to cheat on me
Police must learn to communicate strategically – Prof Aning
Insecurity in Ghana is not a reality – Police Service PRO
Parents of Police recruits urged to limit financial demands on them
There must be full disclosure on vaccine procurement processes – Kweku Baako