The Board of the Ghana Rugby Football Union (GRFU), has suspended its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Herbert Mensah, indefinitely.
The Board arrived at the decision to suspend the former CEO of Asante Kotoko after a meeting on Tuesday, and named Vice Chairman, James Nunoo as acting President.
In a statement available to JoySports, the Board described the decision as “unfortunate and unenviable task”.
They will convene a Special General Assembly on June 8 to remove him from office, JoySports sources said.
On April 23, JoySports reported a nine-point petition filed before the Board enumerating a plethora of allegations ranging from unilateralism, conflict of interest to physical abuse, and demanded that Mr Mensah be forced to step down as leader of the Union within 72 hours.
The allegations were echoed by the Greater Accra and Western Rugby Unions in separate letters to the Board on April 29 and 30 respectively.
Herbert Mensah was asked to respond to the allegations, but sources say, he never replied to the Board’s requests leading to their decision to suspend him indefinitely.
Acting Chairman, James Nunoo said “Rugby is our love and passion and Rugby must emerge as the winner from this unfortunate moment in the history of Ghana Rugby,” when he was asked to stand-in.
“Ghana Rugby has achieved memorably under the leadership of Mr Mensah and a solid platform has been laid to build on that foundation; for that we thank him,” he noted.
Attached document is Herbert’s suspension statement from Ghana Rugby
- Construction work by manufacturing company causing artificial earthquakes in Bortianor – Residents
- Shatta Wale showers dollars on Nana Ama Mcbrown
- Auditor General indicts former Nhyieso MP over failure to recover ¢500k of Assembly’s Common Fund
- Defence and Finance Ministers to answer questions in Parliament over Presidency’s hiring of private jet for foreign travels
- ‘I miss living life with you’ – T. B. Joshua’s wife marks his 58th birthday
- One of 2 robbers who attacked and robbed motorist on Fiesta Royale-GIMPA stretch arrested
- TUTAG to proceed with strike action despite NLC order
- There’s no law that compels a woman to adopt her husband’s name after marriage – Legal expert
- GPL wrap: Hearts extend lead at top, King Faisal climb out of relegation zone
- #FixTheCountry: Leave social media, come and plant trees – Oti Regional Minister to campaigners
Live updates: Appointments Committee resumes vetting of Deputy Ministers-designate
Euros On MGL: Spain v Sweden betting preview
Effutu paramount chief cautions trespassers against reserved lands
Euros On MGL: Poland v Slovakia betting preview
Euros On MGL: Scotland v Czech Republic betting preview
Ghana set to produce its own vaccine – Presidential Advisor on Health
Livestream: Day 9 – Appointments Committee vets Thomas Mbamba, Abdulai Abanga and 2 others
We are working with Political authorities to get Hudson-Odoi- GFA president
Nii Marmah Boye: Security at GIMPA; What the school must do
Auditor General indicts KMA for using Assembly’s Common Fund to pay judgment debt
Use digital platforms to reduce paper usage – Ursula
FixTheCountry case adjourned over late filing of documents
Playback: Foreign Minister to address the nation on Ghana’s election to UN’s Security Council, 59th ECOWAS meeting
Asantehene commends board and management of ADB for refocusing on its core mandate
GRA optimistic of addressing automation tax payment challenges by July