Marie Frey celebrated her 86th birthday late last month by meeting her new great-granddaughter, who was born just days before. While little baby Blakely Grace is a welcome addition to the Frey clan, meeting a great-grandchild is nothing new for Marie. For the Ohio native, the birth of her newest great-grandchild made her a great-grandma for the 86th time!
Marie is no stranger to large families. After marrying her late husband Gerald in 1949, Marie says she knew she always wanted a big family but thought she wouldn’t surpass 12 children. But, Gerald and Marie went on to have 15 children of their own ― 10 daughters and five sons to be exact.
“I don’t know anything else besides family,” Marie told local paper, The Courier. And it seems all of her children went on to have large families of their own.
Today, Marie is the proud grandma of 68 and a great-grandma to 86 biological grandchildren plus another nine step-great-grandchildren. And she’s expecting two more great-grandbabies in the coming months. Family members say they’ve counted as many as around 150 people at their Christmas family gatherings.
And if you thought Marie had a lot of grandkids, don’t forget about the Illinois couple that welcomed their 100th grandchild last year. That’s a lot of gifts and a lot of grandkids to spoil.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Men with these 10 traits make the strongest, most valuable partners
- Former BOST boss donates generator to Bibiani hospital
- Ofosu-Barko Foundation offers free medical screening in Amansie West
- Six ways social media negatively affects your mental health
- Can falling in love have an impact on your health?
- Want to ‘redesign’ your body? Read this
- A common struggle: How a mixture of narcotics and alcohol plunged me into anxiety attacks
- Can you get in trouble for not wearing a bra at work?
- Study reveals female SHS students abusing antibiotics
- 10 reasons why you could be gaining weight even though you are exercising
- DR Congo Ebola outbreak: Death toll passes 200
- Global fertility has 'come down tremendously'
- Video: Don’t stalk your ex; it's unhealthy – Counsellor
- 11 things to know when planning a wedding
- In love with romantic love? That comes with risks