The 2017 Joy FM Beauty & Bridal Fair Fashion Show had it all in the details. The vintage-inspired suits, exaggerated gowns, stunning one-shoulder action and screaming African Print suits were sure to earn the ooos and ahhhs of the crowds.
As pairs of sweet-faced models walked tentatively onto the catwalk, there was no doubt the crowd was about to be treated to staggering creations with so many ideas for both men and women’s fashion.
The Republic Day fashion show, held at the Accra International Conference Centre in the early hours of Saturday evening, opened with a white bridal wear by Ruby’s Bridal. The collection featured classical gown shapes with appropriate attention to detail.
Models stalked the runway in long laced dresses, some accentuated with tulle, pearls, round and sweetheart necklines with V-back deep cutouts, which revealed various body shapes.
Ruby told the crowd her inspiration is to design to suit the personality of brides who want to look beautiful and royal.
Wear Ghana’s GIGI’s collection for pre-wedding photo shoot and engagements was an interchangeable collage of African prints and western fabrics.
The opening look featured a hood jacket combined with ripped-jeans. Followed by round-neck knee-length dresses with lapels for ladies and shirts with similar aesthetics for men.
There were also long gowns with side splits and trousers for both sexes. Although GIGI’s first retail collection, the two ladies behind these impressive designs show how friendship and business can have a beautiful mix.
Adjoa Yeboah walked into the furore by putting extravagant fascinators on the models who rocked her combined bold print and shimmery, shiny lace and silk designs. She is inspired by nature to style women in a way that makes them stand out.
On the other hand, B’Venaj’s gowns and bridesmaids look was a mix of kente, lace, satin and other soft, see-through fabrics. It had embellished details like sleeveless, bell sleeves, classic necklines, bodacious flares, empire cuts, midi and off-shoulder styles, conforming to what is the rave right now.
Then came the vintage-inspired men’s wedding suits and ladies’ engagement looks by Kustom Looks Clothier. Notable was the perfect marriage between colourful local prints and suiting fabrics.
No wonder the man behind this creation has the bragging right as the Ghanaian designer who clothed ex-president Barack Obama.
Crowning the show was AE House of Suit Bridal which had an elegant ball and mermaid gowns; one look in an exceptional velvet colour.
With all these contrasting fabrics, styles and looks screaming brilliance, any of these choices you make for your wedding is sure to leap your big day from zero to hundred.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Health Director orders killing of Keta stray dogs
- Take charge of your health with these easy tips
- 10 awkward money scenarios to avoid on a date
- 'Can I forgive him? – How I discovered my husband’s sex obsession'
- Men with these 10 traits make the strongest, most valuable partners
- Former BOST boss donates generator to Bibiani hospital
- Ofosu-Barko Foundation offers free medical screening in Amansie West
- Six ways social media negatively affects your mental health
- Can falling in love have an impact on your health?
- Want to ‘redesign’ your body? Read this
- A common struggle: How a mixture of narcotics and alcohol plunged me into anxiety attacks
- Can you get in trouble for not wearing a bra at work?
- Study reveals female SHS students abusing antibiotics
- 10 reasons why you could be gaining weight even though you are exercising
- DR Congo Ebola outbreak: Death toll passes 200