A nurse at the Ankaful Psychiatric Hospital is receiving treatment after he was bitten by a mentally-ill patient.
The incident reportedly happened Friday when the nurse was trying to break a fight between the patient and a colleague at the facility.
He narrated to Joy News’ Central Regional Correspondent, Richard Kwadwo Nyarko the patient violently attacked his colleague after they told him to wait for his turn to play.
But while trying to stop the fight, he felt the teeth of the patient in his flesh. They sunk deep into his flesh, he said.
“I had no option than to allow him to bite as much as he can,” he told the reporter.
He explained he would have been fatally wounded if he had struggled with the patient.
“If I had struggled with him, he would have taken the flesh off,” he said, adding he saved himself from further danger.
The incident occurred less than 24 hours after workers at the Hospital declared a sit-down strike over the behavior of the Director, Dr Eugene Dordorye.
The staff claimed the Director has been against progress at the Hospital and have petitioned the Health Ministry and Ghana Health Service to withdraw him.
Richard Kwadwo Nyarko reported patients who visited the Hospital Thursday were not able to access services because of the protest, with most offices locked.
Meanwhile, Health Minister, Kwaku Agyeman Manu has implored the workers to go back to work, while he investigates their claims for an amicable solution.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- How your diet causes body odour
- Are you micro-cheating on your significant other?
- USAID launches new neglected disease control program in West Africa
- This is why you should never share your passwords with your partner
- How many times a week should you run?
- Low-carb diets may work by boosting calorie burn
- Goodbye 'gluten-free'? Celiac disease vaccine may make it possible
- How to stop comparing your relationship to others
- Health Director orders killing of Keta stray dogs
- Take charge of your health with these easy tips
- 10 awkward money scenarios to avoid on a date
- 'Can I forgive him? – How I discovered my husband’s sex obsession'
- Men with these 10 traits make the strongest, most valuable partners
- Former BOST boss donates generator to Bibiani hospital
- Ofosu-Barko Foundation offers free medical screening in Amansie West