Accepting a relationship is over is really bloody difficult.
Often, we hold on to the scraps of a relationship because it's hard to let it go, especially if you've invested time and energy into making it work. While there is no universal sign of a relationship being over that is relevant to all couples (because hello, we're all individuals with totally different expectations), there are a few common ones that may indicate it's time to pull the plug.
13 people share the tell-tale signs they've experienced that hint a relationship is doomed.
1. "When you find yourself relieved that you're done talking with them or you find yourself interacting with them a chore rather than a pleasure."
2. "Apathy. Things that might otherwise make them [or you] excited or upset no longer matter."
3. "When you stop fighting. Not because the relationship is getting better, but because you just don't care anymore and it's not worth it."
4. "They don't even try to argue because they just don't wanna fix it anymore.”
5. "Usually when one person starts to question an end coming is when an end is coming. Part of being in a relationship is the security of it, if any aspect is lacking or changed in a drastic negative way, and that causes some questioning, that's a huge hint."
6. "If they keep cancelling plans (especially if they bring up half-assed excuses).
7. "You have to get high or drunk to have a great time together."
8. "You find yourself happier away from them, dreading the moment you have to be with them again."
9. "When they're out fucking other people, you might have a problem..."
10. "They become distant: Text replies are half-assed, they suddenly don’t have time to take calls, you spend less time together because they’re always busy, and suddenly there’s less intimacy." [via]
11. "Fantasising about how life would be better without (insert SO’s name here)."
12. "Either the sex is the only good part or the sex is no longer good."
13. "They avoid physical contact, don’t want to hold hands, dodge kisses, and don’t want to [have] sex."
Leave a comment