A relationship is rarely a 50-50 partnership. There are times when you are expected to shoulder additional responsibility, while your partner is more involved at other times. But, sometimes, you are in a relationship where it feels like only you are doing all the work all the time. Here are a few signs to check if you are giving too much in your relationship.
You work around his schedule
Yes, everybody is busy these days. But does it feel like your SO calls or meets you only when it is convenient for him to include you in his life? If you are the one constantly working around his schedule while he has little time to spare for you, pull back a bit.
You take all the blame
Fighting and making up is an essential part of every relationship. But if you find yourself being blamed for every problem, big or trivial, it is clear that your partner is using you as an emotional dumping ground. Speak up and make it clear that it won’t work anymore.
You are not integrated in his life
He knows all your friends and has met your family several times. You, on the other hand, only hear about his friends and see pictures of family get-togethers. When you say you want to meet them, he says he “isn’t ready” for it. This one is a big red flag.
You clean up the mess
You are expected to do everything, from resolving a fight between him and his family to finding a solution for his current work problem. While being there for your SO is important, handling all issues for him isn’t your job. Don’t do it.
He isn’t around when you need him
You are expected to drop everything and be there for him when there is a crisis. He, on the other hand, is never available when there is an emergency. Calls go unanswered and he replies to texts after hours.
You are emotionally drained
Even if you justify the situation in your head, your body will feel the pressure of doing too much for someone. You will find yourself physically drained and emotionally fragile. This is a sure-shot sign that it is time to reevaluate your relationship.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Health Director orders killing of Keta stray dogs
- Take charge of your health with these easy tips
- 10 awkward money scenarios to avoid on a date
- 'Can I forgive him? – How I discovered my husband’s sex obsession'
- Men with these 10 traits make the strongest, most valuable partners
- Former BOST boss donates generator to Bibiani hospital
- Ofosu-Barko Foundation offers free medical screening in Amansie West
- Six ways social media negatively affects your mental health
- Can falling in love have an impact on your health?
- Want to ‘redesign’ your body? Read this
- A common struggle: How a mixture of narcotics and alcohol plunged me into anxiety attacks
- Can you get in trouble for not wearing a bra at work?
- Study reveals female SHS students abusing antibiotics
- 10 reasons why you could be gaining weight even though you are exercising
- DR Congo Ebola outbreak: Death toll passes 200