The Health Minister who recently endorsed Multimedia Group’s Drivetime host, Lexis Bill's 'Walk With Lexis' campaign will join many others as they walk up the Aburi Mountains.
Kwaku Agyemang Manu will on Saturday walk to raise awareness in further commemoration of World Heart Day which was marked on September 29.
He will take time to address the many health-conscious Ghanaians who will join him in the Walk to encourage them to take preventive measures to protect themselves from cardiovascular diseases.
In a one-minute commercial, he invited all those in Accra who can to make time to join the walk to protect their hearts and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Other celebrities who will join the Walk include comedian KSM; actress Joselyn Dumas and relationship advisor, Counsellor Lutterodt.
The walk up the Aburi Mountain is part of Lexis Bill’s ‘Walk with Lexis’ campaign which seeks to encourage the culture of exercising and healthy living among Ghanaians.
Saturday’s walk, which begins at the Ayi Mensah toll booth, will further seek to encourage people to avoid cardiovascular diseases by exercising regularly.
This year’s theme for World Heart Day is ‘Share the Power’. It encourages people across the world to take care of their heart and inspire others to do the same.
The regular health walk campaign by Lexis Bill, which kicked off in April last year, has seen several personalities and Ghanaians join the award-winning radio host to push a healthy living agenda.
Lexis Bill has constantly maintained that he is “passionate fitness lover and over the years I have seen the benefits of working out and thought I shouldn’t keep it to myself so let’s step out there and get a lot more people live a healthy life.”
Participants of Saturday’s Walk with Lexis, apart from walking up the Aburi Mountain, will also engage in vigorous aerobics, health talk, and screening.
The team from the Cardio-Thoracic Center will also be on hand to talk to the participants.
Participants will also win amazing prices during the walk.
Saturday’s ‘Walk with Lexis’ is sponsored by Garmin, Awake Mineral water, Yomi Yoghourt, Rexona, Medicas Hospital, Castrol and Invest Eye Capital.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Government urged to increase funding for family medicine
- Bowel cancer rates rising 'among young adults'
- The sons and daughters who defy parents to marry the ones they love
- Holy Family Hospital gets $200,000 worth of supplies from Sultan Drinks Ghana
- 2.5m children at risk of sanitation, water-related diseases
- Fashion Friday: These bridal hairstyle ideas are worth considering
- Health Ministry gets clearance to recruit 54,000 health workers
- Malaria vaccine: Children not being used as guinea pigs - Ghana Health Service
- Adopt innovative means to discipline your wards - Clinical Psychologist
- The HIV/AIDs women who trusted herbalist's onion and ginger cure
- Handbag Essentials: Five things every lady needs in her handbag
- WHO supports malaria vaccine programme with over GH¢1m worth of logistics
- These 10 signs mean your marriage is probably about to fall apart; Ignore at your peril
- Group advocates establishment of National Autoimmune Commission
- Is it the end for high heals