Former President Barack Obama sent his well wishes Monday afternoon to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on their engagement.
“Michelle and I ... wish you a lifetime of joy and happiness together,” he tweeted.
Prince Harry’s father announced Monday that the 33-year-old British royal and the 36-year-old American actress, who had been dating since 2016, got engaged earlier this month.
Obama’s sweet tweet to the happy couple immediately took off, with Twitter users asking him to “come back” and exclamations of “we miss you!” but also with many saying they couldn’t wait to see the stylish Obamas “pull up to this wedding.”
Prince Harry and the ex-president have been seen out together since Obama left the White House and they seem pretty chummy, so we’re sincerely hoping that an invite for the former POTUS and FLOTUS ends up in the mail.
Some Twitter users even wondered whether Michelle Obama was the friend who introduced the prince to Markle.
The newly engaged couple revealed in a BBC interview that they were introduced by a mutual friend, but declined to reveal who that mysterious friend was. Perhaps we’ll find out in the future.
In the interim, we can only cross our fingers for a Barack-Michelle/Harry-Meghan double date night.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- A common struggle: Living with the fear of fears
- How your diet causes body odour
- Are you micro-cheating on your significant other?
- USAID launches new neglected disease control program in West Africa
- This is why you should never share your passwords with your partner
- How many times a week should you run?
- Low-carb diets may work by boosting calorie burn
- Goodbye 'gluten-free'? Celiac disease vaccine may make it possible
- How to stop comparing your relationship to others
- Health Director orders killing of Keta stray dogs
- Take charge of your health with these easy tips
- 10 awkward money scenarios to avoid on a date
- 'Can I forgive him? – How I discovered my husband’s sex obsession'
- Men with these 10 traits make the strongest, most valuable partners
- Former BOST boss donates generator to Bibiani hospital