There are two camps on the subject of love and marriage. What singles think it is and what the married believe it is.
And on Sunday, October 1, these two- singles and spouses will be meeting over the subject under the ministry of Eld Amos Kevin-Annan.
For the many who have had the chance to attend Singles and Spouses Hang-Out, 12 months wait for another session would come across as next to eternity.
But in keeping with the annual tradition, the program comes off at Pentecost International Worship Center in Tema Community 7 where guests and participants can expect to enjoy the warm reception from Resident Minister and his wife Rev. Ben & Mrs Abigail Offei-Badu.
From 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm, this year's theme is on 'Keeping F.A.I.T.H in a difficult marriage'.
Now 'difficult marriage' almost sounds like a repetition for many. The personality clashes, the hidden characters that ambush spouses, the fight over important decisions, the sex, the money, the faulty communication lines..the works.
And so to get us the work through some of these challenges, Amos Kevin-Annan and his friends have lined up an A-list of eight facilitators and speakers for the Hang-Out.
The co-chairs of Hangout and PIWC's Marriage Committee Chairman Elder Elisha Asiedu-Amponsah and and First Lady, ICGC Zoe Temple Mrs Josephine Amo-Asare.
The facilitators are spread out evenly with three men and three women.
Lining up for the men are Clinician & Conflict Resolution Expert Rev. Dr Emmanuel Hopeson, the Visioneer of Save Marriage Foundation Mr Isaac Omari Koranteng, Family Life Advocate Mr Michael Mensah, who will be teaching about Trust Games.
Balancing it out is Head of Counselling, Agape House New Testament Church Mrs Adeline Mensah. Keynote speaker will be Director of Administration at Watered Garden CHurch Rev. (Mrs) Angela Carmen Appiah who is also the Asst. Registrar, Nurses and Midwives Council. Host of FamLife on Citi 97.3 Mrs Leticia Ohene-Effah completes the set of women.
Moderating the event will be hostess of the AM Show on Joy News Channel Mamavie Aboagye playing an anchoring role for the discussions and MC will be the producer of FamLife, Citi 97.3FM Philip Lartey.
The Hang Out with Amos and friends is organised on the birthday of Eld. Kevin-Annan as his gift to singles and couples in a post-modern world looking for sound biblical counsel amidst competing voices.
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Government to upgrade Binaba Health Centre to PolyClinic
- Zoomlion, Health Ministry to deploy technology to map mosquito breeding sites
- 2019 NSMQ finalists take healthcare cover at Medifem
- Patients to pay more as GMA increases cost of medical services
- Fashion Friday: 22 countries, 44 designers make history at 2019 MB Global Fashion Week
- UCC medical school holds 10th white coat ceremony
- Fashion Friday: African-made luxury fashion is making a comeback
- Denied access to baby, ordeal of '63-yr-old' in mental home retold
- Cheating and manipulation: Confessions of a gaslighter
- Young people reporting Parkinson’s disease, health expert disturbed
- Community support for psychiatric patients adequate - Mental health Specialist
- Gov't settles trainee nurses' allowance for 2018/19 academic year
- GHS launches mobile app to strengthen disease surveillance
- When you're in a relationship and crushing on someone else; here’s how to deal with it
- Gov't set to adopt WHO-approved biological agent for mosquito control