The South Tongu District HIV and AIDS Committee is holding emergency meetings to stem the high rate of HIV infections in the District.
Mr Emmanuel Louis Agamah, South Tongu District Chief Executive (DCE), at the launch of the 10th Anniversary of the St. Catherine Girls’ Senior High School (SCASCO) at Torve, near Akatsi, said the Assembly was worried that the District continues to record high incidence of HIV prevalence, especially among the youth and is taking steps to address the situation.
Though the DCE failed to provide statistics on the disease, he appealed for support for the Assembly and the District Directorate of the Ghana Health Service (GHS) to fight the concern.
He said the District AIDS Committee was embarking on massive awareness creation on the disease and called on individuals to go for voluntary counselling and testing to know their status.
Mr Agamah urged the students to take their studies serious and make good use of government's free Senior High School policy and avoid lifestyles that could jeopardize their academic progression.
The event was held under the theme: “Educating the girl child – an asset to nation-building."
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Gabby Otchere Darko, McDan CEO pay for sick boy's surgery
- Millions of women had sex they didn’t want on Valentine’s Day
- 5 of the best exercises you can ever do
- Cardiothoracic Center receives GHS75,000 support from Awake Water
- Fashion Friday: Kokudé – Ghana's new exquisite fashion design powerhouse
- Hotline documentary: Robbing The Sick - Case of Tamale Teaching Hospital
- Mosquitoes, bugs invade Tema Community 11
- The best Valentine's Day movies for single people
- Don’t dismiss your ex after a breakup – you could be missing out on a great friendship
- Joy News uncovers ¢200K rot at Tamale Teaching Hospital
- Ashanti region records more epilepsy cases
- Tema records decrease in maternal deaths in 2018
- How to start having sex again after a breakup
- Marriage not for everyone: Kevin-Annan advises victims of marital abuse
- 4 ways to have a spicy Valentine's Day at home