The South Tongu District HIV and AIDS Committee is holding emergency meetings to stem the high rate of HIV infections in the District.
Mr Emmanuel Louis Agamah, South Tongu District Chief Executive (DCE), at the launch of the 10th Anniversary of the St. Catherine Girls’ Senior High School (SCASCO) at Torve, near Akatsi, said the Assembly was worried that the District continues to record high incidence of HIV prevalence, especially among the youth and is taking steps to address the situation.
Though the DCE failed to provide statistics on the disease, he appealed for support for the Assembly and the District Directorate of the Ghana Health Service (GHS) to fight the concern.
He said the District AIDS Committee was embarking on massive awareness creation on the disease and called on individuals to go for voluntary counselling and testing to know their status.
Mr Agamah urged the students to take their studies serious and make good use of government's free Senior High School policy and avoid lifestyles that could jeopardize their academic progression.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
The event was held under the theme: “Educating the girl child – an asset to nation-building."
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- All of the best and worst love advice I learned from watching Christmas movies
- FDA hits beaches with tobacco, tramadol education
- Ghanaian doctor, German save life of a Ghanaian onboard KLM flight
- Posting children’s images exposes them to danger. This is how
- How sex bonds couples, and why sometimes it's not enough
- Mass Tilapia deaths recorded in Eastern Region
- The reason you sweat in your sleep
- Here's why you develop crushes, according to science
- South Tongu convenes over rising HIV incidence
- Female condom more pleasurable than male ones - GHS Boss
- Don't substitute robust medical supplies delivery system for drones – Think tank
- Do you believe in sexual destiny?
- Hypertension epidemic: Silent global killer
- Why you should call each other embarrassing pet names
- Kean Medical Center operating illegally - HEFRA