The South Tongu District HIV and AIDS Committee is holding emergency meetings to stem the high rate of HIV infections in the District.
Mr Emmanuel Louis Agamah, South Tongu District Chief Executive (DCE), at the launch of the 10th Anniversary of the St. Catherine Girls’ Senior High School (SCASCO) at Torve, near Akatsi, said the Assembly was worried that the District continues to record high incidence of HIV prevalence, especially among the youth and is taking steps to address the situation.
Though the DCE failed to provide statistics on the disease, he appealed for support for the Assembly and the District Directorate of the Ghana Health Service (GHS) to fight the concern.
He said the District AIDS Committee was embarking on massive awareness creation on the disease and called on individuals to go for voluntary counselling and testing to know their status.
Mr Agamah urged the students to take their studies serious and make good use of government's free Senior High School policy and avoid lifestyles that could jeopardize their academic progression.
The event was held under the theme: “Educating the girl child – an asset to nation-building."
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Fashion Friday: African fashion at tipping point if trade agreement delivers
- GHS to administer new anti-malaria drug to children
- 3 reasons why guys love to date successful women
- GAC releases national HIV estimates and projections for 2018
- Ghana: About 19,100 people infected with HIV in 2018
- Tech-savvy New Life Homeopathic Clinic wins prestigious award
- Why do we sleep talk? Here's everything you should know
- DR Congo: WHO declares Ebola outbreak global health emergency
- Lifestyle with Sakwaba: Love corner: Is what you’re feeling love or infatuation?
- How many bananas are enough?
- UG School of Nursing and Midwifery gets first substantive Dean
- Conjoined twin girls separated after 50 hours of surgery
- Mona by Nehita: Luxury jewellery line, launches in Ghana
- Abandoned hospital projects at Fomena, Kumawu to be completed this year - Minister
- Is it possible to stay sexually attracted to your spouse for life?