CNN host, Christiane Amanpour; and husband of 20 years, Jamie Rubin, are divorcing.
The middle-aged couple, who have a teenage son, wed in Italy in 1998 after finding romance in war-torn Sarajevo.
A source confirmed the split to Page Six and the media outlet, saying, “they are still really good friends.”
The divorce was earlier reported by Washington Post.
Christiane, 60, the host of CNN’s global affairs show Amanpour, lives in London and recently took over Charlie Rose’s slot after the anchorman was accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women.
Jamie, 58, a former journalist and Bill Clinton-era Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs, recently moved to Washington, where he is writing and consulting for lobbyist firm Ballard Partners.
Christiane called Jamie a “true hero” while talking to Oprah Winfrey, and told her how he moved to London to be with her and care for their son Darius, saying: “Jamie is the poster child for good husbands.”
Their swanky wedding was attended by John F. Kennedy Jr. and wife Carolyn; diplomat Richard Holbrooke, Clinton aide Sidney Blumenthal and former Deputy National Security Adviser James Steinberg.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Can you get in trouble for not wearing a bra at work?
- Study reveals female SHS students abusing antibiotics
- 10 reasons why you could be gaining weight even though you are exercising
- DR Congo Ebola outbreak: Death toll passes 200
- Global fertility has 'come down tremendously'
- Video: Don’t stalk your ex; it's unhealthy – Counsellor
- 11 things to know when planning a wedding
- In love with romantic love? That comes with risks
- How to recognize stress drinking and what to do about it
- Women warned over heart attack risks
- Should you worry if your nipples point inward?
- What women really think when you call your exes 'crazy'
- Bridge for Equity Ghana, Medicas Hospital hold free breast cancer screening
- 8 signs you're being too controlling in your relationship
- Why most rape victims never tell