One of Ghana’s foremost Chiropractic and Wellness facilities, the Nova Wellness Center, has climaxed its 5th year anniversary celebrations with a health walk geared towards promoting healthy lifestyles.
The walk, which brought together hundreds of patrons also had in attendance the Mayor of Accra, Mr Mohammed Adjei Sowah, the Member of the for Klottey-Korley Constituency, Dr Zanetor Agyeman Rawlings, as well as renowned actress, Jackie Appiah.
Aside benefiting from the health activity and health talks, some patrons were also rewarded with numerous prizes, including cash and air tickets.
Commenting on the walk, the Member of Parliament for Klottey-Korley Constituency, Dr Zanetor Agyeman Rawlings, who was full of praise for the organizers called on Ghanaians to prioritize their health and exercise regularly.
“We have so many age groups here, this is really good because we have to think about our health. There is something about our health that if you lose it beyond a certain point, it doesn't matter how much money you have you can't get it back. Maintenance is very important, we maintain our cars and so our bodies need maintenance as well,” she said.
For her part, the Chief Executive Officer of Nova Wellness Center, Dr Naa Ashelley Dordor explained that looking at the rate of lifestyle diseases, the clinic saw it wise to use the occasion to enlighten members of the public on the need to stay healthy and also ensure that their spines are well catered for. She also recognized and honoured one of her most loyal patients, Mr. Emmanuel Quarshie with a citation.
The health walk was preceded by a separate health screening on June 22nd 2018 which also saw over two hundred persons trooping to the premises of the clinic at North Ridge to be screened.
The free health screening featured a health talk on the spine and how wrong posture affects it, BMI and posture checks, as well as a complimentary chiropractic treatment.
“We’ve noticed that a lot of Ghanaians have spinal problems. Either they ignore them or they can’t afford it or for whatever reason, they never treat it. So we decided that as we celebrate our five years anniversary, we’re going to invite people to come in so that we will check their spines to see if there are any problems there,” the Chief Executive Officer of Nova Wellness Centre, Dr Asheley Dordor explained.
She stated that many Ghanaians are uninformed about their spinal problems due to ignorance.
She bemoaned the low chiropractor-to-patient ratio in Ghana, explaining that for a country with about 28 million persons, there are just about 15 chiropractors practicing .
Nova Wellness Center was established in May 2013, to provide chiropractic services to families, corporations, individuals and the general public.
The health facility has been of an immense benefit to thousands of individuals to achieve maximum wellness without the use of drugs or surgery.
The Center was recently awarded the best Health Facility at the Small Medium Enterprises Ghana Awards (SMEGA).
The five years anniversary of Nova Wellness Center was under the theme: “Empowering Our Communities to Achieve Maximum Wellness.’’ For the rest of the month of July, Nova Wellness Center has discounted rates for Chiropractic treatment and all are invited to take advantage of this promotion.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Poor leadership hindering progress in quality healthcare outcomes - Dr Nsiah-Asare
- How many dates should you wait to have sex?
- Chirano Gold Mines fights cataracts, other eye defects with free eye-screening to residents
- Ghana’s TB case finding campaign gets logistical support
- Dr Kisseadoo writes: ‘What is true commitment?’
- Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel fashion designer, dead at 85
- Dr. Samuel Kisseadoo writes: What is true commitment?
- PHOTOS: Gov't secures 275 ambulances
- 5 relationship milestones that say it’s going well
- How Dr Ewura Adjoa is making impact in Ghana
- Married to a monster: How marital rape is killing marriages
- The 10 things you should know about your vagina
- 10 expenses to cut down on to for a low-budget wedding
- How to know if you're in a rebound relationship
- LOAD Ghana calls for stringent measures to regulate sale of alcohol