Prostacure, a 100 percent natural herbal food supplement used for improving urinary flow in men, has won Best Herbal Product of the year award.
The award was organized by the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) and the Ghana Standards Authority (GSA) with support from the School of Pharmacy at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
Prostacure is a product of the Medi Moses Prostate and Diagnostics Centre in Accra.
Run by Dr Moses De-Gaulle Dogbatsey, Prostacure and many other herbal products manufactured by the company have provided some relief for men suffering from benign prostate enlargement.
The award was presented by the Vice President, Dr Mahamadu Bawumia, at a plush ceremony held at the lavish Movenpick Ambassador Hotel.
In an interview, Dr. Dogbatsey, implored the state to look at investing in the local pharmaceutical industry, as it had the potential of competing with the orthodox medicines and most importantly generate revenue for the country.
The Vice President on the other hand, said the government has plans of structuring the industry and creating policies that will enable the local pharmaceutical industry to grow.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Generic diet, exercise advice that are failing the overweight
- Romantic rejection: what your reaction says about you
- The 5 deadliest habits to avoid as you get older
- Here's why toxic relationships take so much longer to get over
- Celebrity chef Juliet Glover Chartey tells her story
- Woman dies after 'five hours of drug-fuelled sex'
- Testosterone rules for female athletes 'unscientific'
- Tema: Psychiatric patients relapse due to lack of essential medications in 2018
- Fashion Friday: These art-centric menswear designs are inspired by President Akufo-Addo
- Video report: 1.2 million Ghanaians are currently obese
- Millions of children miss school due to oral pain – Report
- All the advice you need for first-time sex
- Quality health delivery: Nyaho Clinic boss reiterates call for public-private partnerships
- Chamber of Pharmacy to build Pharma Industry Park
- Hotline documentary: Born Special