Prostacure, a 100 percent natural herbal food supplement used for improving urinary flow in men, has won Best Herbal Product of the year award.
The award was organized by the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) and the Ghana Standards Authority (GSA) with support from the School of Pharmacy at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
Prostacure is a product of the Medi Moses Prostate and Diagnostics Centre in Accra.
Run by Dr Moses De-Gaulle Dogbatsey, Prostacure and many other herbal products manufactured by the company have provided some relief for men suffering from benign prostate enlargement.
The award was presented by the Vice President, Dr Mahamadu Bawumia, at a plush ceremony held at the lavish Movenpick Ambassador Hotel.
In an interview, Dr. Dogbatsey, implored the state to look at investing in the local pharmaceutical industry, as it had the potential of competing with the orthodox medicines and most importantly generate revenue for the country.
The Vice President on the other hand, said the government has plans of structuring the industry and creating policies that will enable the local pharmaceutical industry to grow.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Ghana launches guideline for cancer management
- How to talk to your kids about sexual abuse
- 5 things women secretly want in relationships
- Men, women with these 7 personality traits make the very best parents
- The 3 plastics every parent should avoid
- A bit of meat, a lot of veg - the flexitarian diet to feed the planet
- 5 behaviours that seem 'normal' but could be signs of emotional abuse
- 'Upskirting' to be criminalised in England, Wales
- Gender Ministry, Breast Care launch cancer quiz
- Researchers design long-acting contraceptive administered by microneedle
- 8 relationship experts define cheating
- Bel-Aqua educates customers on transporting, storing water
- Third of UN workers 'sexually harassed'
- 3 anti-ageing tips for your hands, neck & chest
- What is the right age to lose your virginity?