Prostacure, a 100 percent natural herbal food supplement used for improving urinary flow in men, has won Best Herbal Product of the year award.
The award was organized by the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) and the Ghana Standards Authority (GSA) with support from the School of Pharmacy at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
Prostacure is a product of the Medi Moses Prostate and Diagnostics Centre in Accra.
Run by Dr Moses De-Gaulle Dogbatsey, Prostacure and many other herbal products manufactured by the company have provided some relief for men suffering from benign prostate enlargement.
The award was presented by the Vice President, Dr Mahamadu Bawumia, at a plush ceremony held at the lavish Movenpick Ambassador Hotel.
In an interview, Dr. Dogbatsey, implored the state to look at investing in the local pharmaceutical industry, as it had the potential of competing with the orthodox medicines and most importantly generate revenue for the country.
The Vice President on the other hand, said the government has plans of structuring the industry and creating policies that will enable the local pharmaceutical industry to grow.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- USAID launches new neglected disease control program in West Africa
- This is why you should never share your passwords with your partner
- How many times a week should you run?
- Low-carb diets may work by boosting calorie burn
- Goodbye 'gluten-free'? Celiac disease vaccine may make it possible
- How to stop comparing your relationship to others
- Health Director orders killing of Keta stray dogs
- Take charge of your health with these easy tips
- 10 awkward money scenarios to avoid on a date
- 'Can I forgive him? – How I discovered my husband’s sex obsession'
- Men with these 10 traits make the strongest, most valuable partners
- Former BOST boss donates generator to Bibiani hospital
- Ofosu-Barko Foundation offers free medical screening in Amansie West
- Six ways social media negatively affects your mental health
- Can falling in love have an impact on your health?