Beautiful Beneath, in collaboration with the Cancer Support Network Ghana, organized a health walk in the East Legon vicinity over the weekend as part of efforts to intensify breast cancer awareness in Ghana.
Dubbed Pink Walk, the event was aimed at creating an extensive awareness among residents in the affluent vicinity.
During the walk, the organizers shared brochures with cancer awareness information while a documentary on the disease was played on loudspeakers.
The programme was the first of its kind that has been organized by of the company since Beautiful Beneath begun its cancer awareness campaign.
Members of Breast Love and AEGIES Health Care interacted with some of the participants to educate them on breast cancer preventive measures.
CEO of Makeup Ghana, Rebeca Donkor, who participated in the one and a half hour walk praised the organizers for organizing a programme that keeps n the know about breast cancer.
She said for breast cancer to be stamped out, there must be a collective effort by all to persons tackle it head-on.
The walk also served as a climax event of the 2018 Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- How to spot a lie in a text message
- FDA warns public against purchase of “penis enlargement capsule”, others
- No more sleeping sickness; experts embrace Fexinidazole pill
- A common struggle: Living with the fear of fears
- How your diet causes body odour
- Are you micro-cheating on your significant other?
- USAID launches new neglected disease control program in West Africa
- This is why you should never share your passwords with your partner
- How many times a week should you run?
- Low-carb diets may work by boosting calorie burn
- Goodbye 'gluten-free'? Celiac disease vaccine may make it possible
- How to stop comparing your relationship to others
- Health Director orders killing of Keta stray dogs
- Take charge of your health with these easy tips
- 10 awkward money scenarios to avoid on a date