Beautiful Beneath, in collaboration with the Cancer Support Network Ghana, organized a health walk in the East Legon vicinity over the weekend as part of efforts to intensify breast cancer awareness in Ghana.
Dubbed Pink Walk, the event was aimed at creating an extensive awareness among residents in the affluent vicinity.
During the walk, the organizers shared brochures with cancer awareness information while a documentary on the disease was played on loudspeakers.
The programme was the first of its kind that has been organized by of the company since Beautiful Beneath begun its cancer awareness campaign.
Members of Breast Love and AEGIES Health Care interacted with some of the participants to educate them on breast cancer preventive measures.
CEO of Makeup Ghana, Rebeca Donkor, who participated in the one and a half hour walk praised the organizers for organizing a programme that keeps n the know about breast cancer.
She said for breast cancer to be stamped out, there must be a collective effort by all to persons tackle it head-on.
The walk also served as a climax event of the 2018 Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- A bit of meat, a lot of veg - the flexitarian diet to feed the planet
- 5 behaviours that seem 'normal' but could be signs of emotional abuse
- 'Upskirting' to be criminalised in England, Wales
- Gender Ministry, Breast Care launch cancer quiz
- Researchers design long-acting contraceptive administered by microneedle
- 8 relationship experts define cheating
- Bel-Aqua educates customers on transporting, storing water
- Third of UN workers 'sexually harassed'
- 3 anti-ageing tips for your hands, neck & chest
- What is the right age to lose your virginity?
- First Lady leads campaign to break stigma of infertility
- 20 biggest regrets of people who married young
- Shenen Cosmetics names social media influencers as brand ambassadors
- Sit less and move more to reduce risk of early death, study says
- Things that are making it hard for you to move on after a breakup