“Balls in Danger” by Seth Kwame Boateng has been selected for the most outstanding health documentary of the year award on the 7th African Health Legendary Awards conference.
The events organized by The Management of Health Legend Foundation –Africa (HL-Africa) in collaboration with Health CEOs and Scientists Network (HCSN) is slated for October 24, at the British Council in Accra.
“We present our compliments to you and wish to inform you that your documentary titled “Balls in Danger” has been selected for an award as the most outstanding health documentary of the year,” the Foundation said in a letter.
The documentary is a story about men and how a cancerous growth in their genitals has become a dreadful thief of their potency and a killer.
“Balls in Danger” showed how prostate cancer is killing many men in Ghana not only because of their lifestyle and age but also because of their dark skin colour.
The Health Legendary Awards is a platform to celebrate the effort of outstanding individuals and institutions who are working beyond the call to duty.
This is to find a concrete solution to challenges facing the country health care delivery and also seeks to reduce apathy and brain drain in the country and sub-region at large.
Health Legend Foundation Africa (HL-Africa) is a Health advocacy organization and the main organizer of the Annual Health Legendary Awards and Conference.
The event is aimed at improving effective healthcare delivery in the country by way of instituting these awards program for dedicated and outstanding healthcare practitioners across the country and the sub-region at large.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- The 5 deadliest habits to avoid as you get older
- Here's why toxic relationships take so much longer to get over
- Celebrity chef Juliet Glover Chartey tells her story
- Woman dies after 'five hours of drug-fuelled sex'
- Testosterone rules for female athletes 'unscientific'
- Tema: Psychiatric patients relapse due to lack of essential medications in 2018
- Fashion Friday: These art-centric menswear designs are inspired by President Akufo-Addo
- Video report: 1.2 million Ghanaians are currently obese
- Millions of children miss school due to oral pain – Report
- All the advice you need for first-time sex
- Quality health delivery: Nyaho Clinic boss reiterates call for public-private partnerships
- Chamber of Pharmacy to build Pharma Industry Park
- Hotline documentary: Born Special
- Central Region records impressive maternal, child health performance indicators
- How relationship experts define the word 'soulmate'