Accra Fashion Week's 'Designer Fashion Auction' may just be one of the most revolutionary acts to be executed in Ghana.
The event which came off on Wednesday 3rd October 2018 saw fashion enthusiasts, celebrities and diplomats congregate at the Urban Grill venue in Airport, Accra, where they were given the chance to engage in silent bidden for exclusive outfits made only available for their viewing.
The auction featured clothes from some of Ghana's very best such as Afre Anko, Bri Wireduah, Randa Khatib, Madlyn Mode and more, as well as exclusive items from leading Nigerian brand MXDonna.
Proceeds of the fundraising auction will go towards Accra Fashion Week and its project to build Ghanaian fashion as well as the Wennette Foundation, a Non-profit organization that reaches out to orphanage homes, less privileged and the needy in the society.
Accra Fashion Week 2018 Summer Harmattan edition has made history this year being the first ever major fashion week in Sub Saharan Africa to go twice a year.
The week also featured various events from seminars, showrooms, car and fashion shows and more. The fashion week will end on October 7, 2018.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- A bit of meat, a lot of veg - the flexitarian diet to feed the planet
- 5 behaviours that seem 'normal' but could be signs of emotional abuse
- 'Upskirting' to be criminalised in England, Wales
- Gender Ministry, Breast Care launch cancer quiz
- Researchers design long-acting contraceptive administered by microneedle
- 8 relationship experts define cheating
- Bel-Aqua educates customers on transporting, storing water
- Third of UN workers 'sexually harassed'
- 3 anti-ageing tips for your hands, neck & chest
- What is the right age to lose your virginity?
- First Lady leads campaign to break stigma of infertility
- 20 biggest regrets of people who married young
- Shenen Cosmetics names social media influencers as brand ambassadors
- Sit less and move more to reduce risk of early death, study says
- Things that are making it hard for you to move on after a breakup