Accra Fashion Week's 'Designer Fashion Auction' may just be one of the most revolutionary acts to be executed in Ghana.
The event which came off on Wednesday 3rd October 2018 saw fashion enthusiasts, celebrities and diplomats congregate at the Urban Grill venue in Airport, Accra, where they were given the chance to engage in silent bidden for exclusive outfits made only available for their viewing.
The auction featured clothes from some of Ghana's very best such as Afre Anko, Bri Wireduah, Randa Khatib, Madlyn Mode and more, as well as exclusive items from leading Nigerian brand MXDonna.
Proceeds of the fundraising auction will go towards Accra Fashion Week and its project to build Ghanaian fashion as well as the Wennette Foundation, a Non-profit organization that reaches out to orphanage homes, less privileged and the needy in the society.
Accra Fashion Week 2018 Summer Harmattan edition has made history this year being the first ever major fashion week in Sub Saharan Africa to go twice a year.
The week also featured various events from seminars, showrooms, car and fashion shows and more. The fashion week will end on October 7, 2018.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Yes, you should schedule your partner in!
- Dating older women: 8 things you need to know
- What are the benefits of not drinking alcohol?
- 12 things you should never do when meeting your partner’s parents
- How humor can change your relationship
- Why global warming is a serious threat to our mental health
- Alcohol 'more damaging to brain health than marijuana'
- Tricky relationship signs that subtly tell, you should run!
- FDA warns public against purchase of 'penis enlargement capsule,' others
- Are you getting too much sleep?
- How to spot a lie in a text message
- No more sleeping sickness; experts embrace Fexinidazole pill
- A common struggle: Living with the fear of fears
- How your diet causes body odour
- Are you micro-cheating on your significant other?