The Autism Ambassadors of Ghana has organized an in-house autism awareness session for the Sorokno academy ahead Ahead of World Autism Day.
The initiative is to mark their new partnership which seeks to promote the autism awareness, help develop digital children living with autism, and finally organize capacity building initiatives for the volunteers.
‘’It is time for all of us to accept children living with Autism in the society and give them the adequate resources needed to help them live an enabling life," noted Alice Mamaga Akosua Amoako, leader of Autism Ambassadors of Ghana.
"This is why the Autism Ambassadors of Ghana is introducing to you the Autism Aid App, the first Android app for Autism in West- Africa," she added.
The Autism Aid App provides a helpline service for families of children living with Autism to get information from professionals on how to care for their children.
The Autism Aid App also provides a Picture Exchange Communication System for children living with Autism and it provides an Awareness platform for the society to learn more about Autism.
Regina Honu, the founder of Soronko Academy at the brief ceremony to commemorate the partnership said, "this is a great and bold decision and initiative taken by my fellow social enterprise colleague.
"We as Soronko academy are readily and ever ready to support great social ventures as such to promote children living with the disability, young social enterprise initiatives and Ghana as a whole. My team and I endorse technologically inclined social initiatives and we are ready for the Autism ambassadors of Ghana."
Download the Autism Aid App from the Google Play Store or dial *800*24# on any network to get access to support services for children with Autism.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Ebola cases in DR Congo exceed 1,000
- Public urged to facilitate identifying persons living with TB
- Sorry but, no, your children can't come to my wedding
- Generic diet, exercise advice that are failing the overweight
- Romantic rejection: what your reaction says about you
- The 5 deadliest habits to avoid as you get older
- Here's why toxic relationships take so much longer to get over
- Celebrity chef Juliet Glover Chartey tells her story
- Woman dies after 'five hours of drug-fuelled sex'
- Testosterone rules for female athletes 'unscientific'
- Tema: Psychiatric patients relapse due to lack of essential medications in 2018
- Fashion Friday: These art-centric menswear designs are inspired by President Akufo-Addo
- Video report: 1.2 million Ghanaians are currently obese
- Millions of children miss school due to oral pain – Report
- All the advice you need for first-time sex