The Autism Ambassadors of Ghana has organized an in-house autism awareness session for the Sorokno academy ahead Ahead of World Autism Day.
The initiative is to mark their new partnership which seeks to promote the autism awareness, help develop digital children living with autism, and finally organize capacity building initiatives for the volunteers.
‘’It is time for all of us to accept children living with Autism in the society and give them the adequate resources needed to help them live an enabling life," noted Alice Mamaga Akosua Amoako, leader of Autism Ambassadors of Ghana.
"This is why the Autism Ambassadors of Ghana is introducing to you the Autism Aid App, the first Android app for Autism in West- Africa," she added.
The Autism Aid App provides a helpline service for families of children living with Autism to get information from professionals on how to care for their children.
The Autism Aid App also provides a Picture Exchange Communication System for children living with Autism and it provides an Awareness platform for the society to learn more about Autism.
Regina Honu, the founder of Soronko Academy at the brief ceremony to commemorate the partnership said, "this is a great and bold decision and initiative taken by my fellow social enterprise colleague.
"We as Soronko academy are readily and ever ready to support great social ventures as such to promote children living with the disability, young social enterprise initiatives and Ghana as a whole. My team and I endorse technologically inclined social initiatives and we are ready for the Autism ambassadors of Ghana."
Download the Autism Aid App from the Google Play Store or dial *800*24# on any network to get access to support services for children with Autism.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Joy as Zipline drone delivers medication to 11-year-old sickle cell patient
- First Lady interacts with women groups on F2S HIV campaign
- Three errors today’s fathers must not repeat
- Men and women share the 'simple rules' for a better relationship
- African countries 'pay 30 times more' for drugs
- Gloria Vanderbilt: US fashion icon and heiress dies aged 95
- What does a healthy relationship with an ex look like?
- Multi-million dollar new UW hospital 99% complete but…
- 7 Global research institutions launch clinical test into new malaria treatment
- World Bank urges Ghana to deal with stunting in children
- 5 reasons i'm thankful for being in a long-distance relationship
- Gov't to send 375 nurses to work in Barbados
- Ghana Health Service issues cholera alert
- How to wear one dress to four different weddings
- Health experts to converge at ‘Healthcare Safety and Quality’ summit on June 17