The Fruits and Vegetables Jama Walk will take place in Ghana for the first time on Farmers’ Day this year.
Labelled East Legon Fruits and Vegetables Jama Walk, the event will start at 6 a.m. from the Okponglo Junction through to the Kikibees Restaurant in East Legon.
It is expected to be attended by key personalities such as former Black Stars Captain, Stephen Appiah, Black Stars Coach, Kwesi Appiah and Captain Asamoah Gyan; boxers Bukom Banku and Ayittey Powers; dancehall artiste Shatta Wale, television personalities Delay and Afia Swarzneggar among others.
In a statement Monday, Power 7 Media, organisers of the event, explained that the walk is aimed at fostering a relationship between farmers and stakeholders in the health sector.
“These stakeholders contribute toward the health and wealth of our people and we see it as our mission to bring them together,” said Power 7 Media Executive Director, Gideon Okyere Anim, also known as Gattuso.
Outlining activities for the programme, Mr Anim said there would be an aerobic session, free health screening and healthy food and drinks for participants.
“In the end, we want to motivate Ghanaians to learn to marry physical exercise with the right intake of fruits and vegetables for their ultimate health,” he added.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- How to actually teach your kid the value of money
- UN agency imports contraceptives worth $1.9m to Ghana in 2018
- Accra Mall opens applications for maiden Future Fashion Fund
- Ghanaian children depend on only one pediatric cardiologist
- Gov’t launches action plan to tackle pollution
- 7 common fights couples have during the first year of marriage
- The healthy vegetable that can poison your liver
- Lifestyle with Sakwaba: Yes, rice water can do magic to your hair
- Describing women as complex has mental health implications- Psychologist
- Ridge hospital makes impact on the psychological well-being of Ghanaians
- 10 ways to plan a low budget wedding
- Nurse, midwife suspended for unprofessional conduct
- The suicide survivor who was arrested at work
- Take charge of your heart – Head of Cardiology, KATH
- UNFPA, GHS launch ‘Time with Grandma’ to tackle teenage pregnancy