De DONs family, a society of young men and women in Asuom, has donated items to the Asuom Health Centre.
The group, predominantly made up of about 70% natives of Asuom and 30% youth across the country, made the donation to the health centre on Monday, April 22, 2019 to coincide with the Easter celebrations.
The items include 12,000 branded polythene bags, 50 branded bedspreads and 50 branded pillow covers.
Making the presentation, the leader of De DONs family, Samuel Ayim Asiedu A.K.A Sabash, said the objective of De DONs family is to inspire and empower the youth in the community to work hard to achieve greater heights and contribute to the community in which they come from and the nation as a whole.
He explained that the donation to Asuom health centre on the Easter Monday signifies the importance the group attaches to the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and to contribute their widow's mite to the health care delivery to the chiefs and people of Asuom and its environs.
The hospital expressed appreciation to De DONs family for the donations.
The Health Committee headed by Mrs Faustina Sabina Jones (Chairperson) and Mrs Margaret Lawless (Vice-Chair), delegates from Asuom Chief Palace were present to grace the occasion.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Government urged to increase funding for family medicine
- Bowel cancer rates rising 'among young adults'
- The sons and daughters who defy parents to marry the ones they love
- Holy Family Hospital gets $200,000 worth of supplies from Sultan Drinks Ghana
- 2.5m children at risk of sanitation, water-related diseases
- Fashion Friday: These bridal hairstyle ideas are worth considering
- Health Ministry gets clearance to recruit 54,000 health workers
- Malaria vaccine: Children not being used as guinea pigs - Ghana Health Service
- Adopt innovative means to discipline your wards - Clinical Psychologist
- The HIV/AIDs women who trusted herbalist's onion and ginger cure
- Handbag Essentials: Five things every lady needs in her handbag
- WHO supports malaria vaccine programme with over GH¢1m worth of logistics
- These 10 signs mean your marriage is probably about to fall apart; Ignore at your peril
- Group advocates establishment of National Autoimmune Commission
- Is it the end for high heals