De DONs family, a society of young men and women in Asuom, has donated items to the Asuom Health Centre.
The group, predominantly made up of about 70% natives of Asuom and 30% youth across the country, made the donation to the health centre on Monday, April 22, 2019 to coincide with the Easter celebrations.
The items include 12,000 branded polythene bags, 50 branded bedspreads and 50 branded pillow covers.
Making the presentation, the leader of De DONs family, Samuel Ayim Asiedu A.K.A Sabash, said the objective of De DONs family is to inspire and empower the youth in the community to work hard to achieve greater heights and contribute to the community in which they come from and the nation as a whole.
He explained that the donation to Asuom health centre on the Easter Monday signifies the importance the group attaches to the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and to contribute their widow's mite to the health care delivery to the chiefs and people of Asuom and its environs.
The hospital expressed appreciation to De DONs family for the donations.
The Health Committee headed by Mrs Faustina Sabina Jones (Chairperson) and Mrs Margaret Lawless (Vice-Chair), delegates from Asuom Chief Palace were present to grace the occasion.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Against The Odds! New book by Lifestyle Writer Portia Arthur empowers millennials
- Western Region: Public health authorities prepare for possible cholera outbreak
- My boyfriend proposed 10 days after we met. Here’s why I said yes
- A 'wake-up' call: Your health before age 40 is tied to heart risks later in life
- Keto diet could lead to this scary lifelong side effect
- What happens to men who stay bachelors forever, according to science
- ‘41% of Ghanaians have mental problem’
- Lifestyle with Sakwaba: Your favourite ‘Gari Shito’ just got better with this new recipe
- Psychiatric patients, epileptics prefer spiritual healers to hospitals – Mental Health Officer
- Video: Do not lose yourself in pursuit of love – Pundits
- Fashion Friday: African fashion at tipping point if trade agreement delivers
- GHS to administer new anti-malaria drug to children
- 3 reasons why guys love to date successful women
- GAC releases national HIV estimates and projections for 2018
- Ghana: About 19,100 people infected with HIV in 2018