Nyaho Medical Centre, Ghana’s premier group medical practice as part of its mission to transform lives of patients by surpassing expectation in healthcare and inspire hope for a better Africa, has expanded its emergency unit from a four to a 10-bed facility at its Airport branch in Accra.
At a soft launch of the facility, Dr. Elikem Tamaklo, Managing Director of Nyaho Medical Centre said “emergency care is critical to the delivery of quality healthcare in developing countries like Ghana, where significant improvement is required in our response rate to emergencies.
Despite efforts by the public and private sectors, Ghana still lacks the capacity to adequately meet various levels of crises and disasters such as the June 34, 2015 disaster at the Kwame Nkrumah Circle in Accra.
The expansion of the Emergency Unit is expected to provide consistent quality services to our patients and all stakeholders who will require urgent medical attention”.
Nyaho Medical Centre is currently operational 24/7, with a team of over 60 specialists, pharmacy, ambulance for hospital transfers, laboratory and diagnostics services from its airport branch and a dedicated satellite at the Octagon in Accra Central to meet the needs of businesses and individuals in the Central Business District.
The Medical Director of Nyaho Medical Centre, Dr. Victoria Lokko disclosed that the emergency unit will be led by a dedicated 24hour Emergency Physician working with a team of devoted nurses and specialists to address the medical needs of patients throughout the day and night.
The expansion also includes two High Dependency beds for very critical cases, thus, positioning Nyaho Medical Centre as a true leader in the private health sector in Ghana.
The expansion forms part of a long-term project to extend the Centre’s footprint in other parts of the country as well as increase the bed capacity at its airport branch to a hundred bedded facility.
Nyaho Medical Centre has the vision to be Africa’s most trusted name in healthcare.
More Lifestyle Headlines
- I don’t want to cook for my family and I’m tired of feeling guilty about it
- President Akufo-Addo commissions U/W Regional Hospital
- New Jersey brother and sister allowed to marry after 10-year-long court battle
- Photos: Cosmopolitan Mix 30-day weight loss challenge: Work-out session gets off to flying start
- Government to upgrade Binaba Health Centre to PolyClinic
- Zoomlion, Health Ministry to deploy technology to map mosquito breeding sites
- 2019 NSMQ finalists take healthcare cover at Medifem
- Patients to pay more as GMA increases cost of medical services
- Fashion Friday: 22 countries, 44 designers make history at 2019 MB Global Fashion Week
- UCC medical school holds 10th white coat ceremony
- Fashion Friday: African-made luxury fashion is making a comeback
- Denied access to baby, ordeal of '63-yr-old' in mental home retold
- Cheating and manipulation: Confessions of a gaslighter
- Young people reporting Parkinson’s disease, health expert disturbed
- Community support for psychiatric patients adequate - Mental health Specialist