The Ministry of Health (MoH) has said that the government would do due diligence in the posting of nurses to work abroad if the agreement with partner countries is officially cemented.
"We would ensure that only the best and most experienced of Ghanaian nurses are sent outside as expatriates for healthcare services," Mr Kwaku Agyemang-Manu, the Health Minister noted.
The government recently announced future plans to export Ghanaian nurses abroad, arguing that the move was in tandem with the vision to create more job opportunities for the health professionals in foreign countries.
Mr Agyemang-Manu, who was addressing staff and students of the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) Nursing and Midwifery Training College, Kumasi, hinted that currently, there were about ninety (90) nursing and midwifery training institutions in the country.
The Minister is in the Ashanti Region on a four-day working visit to keep abreast with health development projects and programmes, as well as related challenges.
The first day of the visit saw the Minister touring facilities at the KATH, including the Oncology Directorate, where he inspected the newly installed 'Lican' machine, ultra-modern equipment for the treatment of cancer.
He was accompanied on a tour of the facility by Dr Oheneba Danso, the Chief Executive Officer of KATH, and Dr Emmanuel Tenkorang, the Regional Health Director.
Mr Agyemang-Manu urged health workers to be committed to duty, saying, the government would continue to work assiduously in improving their living conditions.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Conjoined twin girls separated after 50 hours of surgery
- Mona by Nehita: Lluxury jewelry line, launches in Ghana
- Abandoned hospital projects at Fomena, Kumawu to be completed this year - Minister
- Is it possible to stay sexually attracted to your spouse for life?
- Africa's largest solar powered project for a hospital commissioned at FOCOS Hospital
- Lady Adelaide Heward-Mills believes in privacy after marriage
- Esther Cobbah’s nuggets on how to deal with the unexpected in marriage
- Joy Beauty and Bridal Fair: Bespoke Ruby’s Bridal gowns at affordable prices
- 2019 Beauty and Bridal Fair:The most affordable price for your rings at The Nazarene
- 2019 Joy Beauty and Bridal Fair: 9Twenty5 bead accessories for your wedding
- Photos from Day 3 of Joy FM's Beauty and Bridal Fair
- 2019 Joy Beauty and Bridal Fair: Your events are incomplete without Homeda Kente
- 5 texting signals that mean they're only interested in sex
- Upper West records highest malaria cases and related deaths
- 12 Photos you missed from Adjetey Anang, Elom’s 12th anniversary