The country’s first large-scale mall, Accra Mall has launched the Future Fashion Fund as part of its Fashion Weekend Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) project.
The project aims to support talented fashion school graduates who aspire to be fashion retailers.
Explaining the application process, Marketing Manager of Accra Mall, Denise Asare, said, “After the deadline for applications, 50 shortlisted applicants will be taken through an empowerment seminar.
“They will be offered training in business planning marketing skills, financial health and much more. Five finalists will be selected out of the 50 to compete for the ultimate prize”.
The five finalists will be expected to come up with creative pieces using this year’s theme “The new old”.
The designs will be featured at this year’s Fashion Weekend which runs from August 30 to 31. The winner will be selected after the final presentation of business plans, showcase of designs and votes by the public via social media.
With a mouth-watering cash prize of $3,000, a pop-up stall at Accra Mall and many other amazing prizes Ms. Asare encouraged fashion graduates to apply.
“Ghana has a lot of talented and creative designers and we look forward to receiving as many applications as possible. We are dedicated to supporting young entrepreneurs and we are keen to see Ghanaian fashion designers not only become successful retailers but dominate the African fashion industry”, she stated.
Applications are open from now till July, 1. Interested persons are required to submit a copy of their CV, academic reference, portfolio and draft business plan to email@example.com.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Abandoned hospital projects at Fomena, Kumawu to be completed this year - Minister
- Is it possible to stay sexually attracted to your spouse for life?
- Africa's largest solar powered project for a hospital commissioned at FOCOS Hospital
- Lady Adelaide Heward-Mills believes in privacy after marriage
- Esther Cobbah’s nuggets on how to deal with the unexpected in marriage
- Joy Beauty and Bridal Fair: Bespoke Ruby’s Bridal gowns at affordable prices
- 2019 Beauty and Bridal Fair:The most affordable price for your rings at The Nazarene
- 2019 Joy Beauty and Bridal Fair: 9Twenty5 bead accessories for your wedding
- Photos from Day 3 of Joy FM's Beauty and Bridal Fair
- 2019 Joy Beauty and Bridal Fair: Your events are incomplete without Homeda Kente
- 5 texting signals that mean they're only interested in sex
- Upper West records highest malaria cases and related deaths
- 12 Photos you missed from Adjetey Anang, Elom’s 12th anniversary
- Photos: Day 2 of 2019 Joy Beauty and Bridal Fair
- Video: What did you wish you knew before marriage?