This week’s fashion design exposé comes from the closet of Oheneba Yaw Boamah, a great designer who describes himself as “a Ghanaian born lover of the arts.”
The N.A.A. Artshirt collections, by Oheneba – currently the Creative Director at Abrantie The Gentleman, a menswear brand – is inspired by President Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s love for African prints.
Photo: President Akufo-Addo
In fact, N.A.A. Artshirt simply means ‘Nana Addo-Dankwa Akufo-Addo Artshirt.’
Photo: Oheneba’s love of African art features prominently in his designs.
In his latest N.A.A. Artshirt collections (some of which are published below), it is evident that Oheneba is big on empowering men to be well groomed and to look unique.
Check out some of the designs below.
More about Oheneba and his brand
The Abrantie menswear line exudes a strong and unique gentleman's looks and is the epitome of quality craftsmanship.
Its exclusivity targets men with a passion for African culture.
Oheneba served and worked as a fabric designer for Texstyle Ghana Limited (GTP) and Ghana Textiles Manufacturing Company(GTMC) from 2006 to 2012. He is currently a capsule menswear designer for Vlisco.
He has to his credits textile print designs such as Ghana@50 anniversary cloth, Kwame Nkrumah celebration cloth among others.
True to his pioneering spirit, Oheneba Yaw Boamah consistently breaks new grounds, combining design, film and fashion.
He has designed works for the office of the President of Ghana, scripted and produced an advertising mobile phone campaign series for TECNO Mobile Zone and clothes an uncountable number of celebrities in the fashion, sports, film, music and the academia.
His desire to promote and tell the African story through his fashion to the rest of the world has seen his showcase on several platforms such as Samsung, Mazda, Toyota, Mercedes Benz African Fashion Festival; Glitz Africa Fashion Week (Ghana); Durban Fashion Fair (South Africa); Africa International Fashion Week(Nigeria); EVALA Festival (Togo); South African Menswear Week (CapeTown); EXPO Milan (Italy); African Fashion Week Amsterdam; Rhythm on the Runway and Radiance Wedding Fair.
His creative ideas have produced seven different fashion collections such as A-Look, Our Heritage, Alewa, Checkables, Ayeyi, G'Man, Adehyie and counting.
And these collections has won him awards such as Fashion Icons Awards Next Rated Designer of the Year 2015; Glitz Style Awards Designer of the Year 2015; AFROMA Designer of the year 2015/2016; EMY AFRICA Fashion Designer of the Year 2017 and the MAN AWARDS 2017 (Designer of the Year International).
Oheneba is a true Ghanaian fashion icon worth celebrating!
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Rebecca Foundation presents ambulances to six health institutions
- Top corporate braid styles turning heads
- 5 great tips to enjoy a better sleep
- How do you keep your long-term partner happy in the relationship?
- Lifestyle with Sakwaba: Will your grilled meat, chicken and fish cause cancer?
- You don't need an air freshener if you have this
- God not against medication- Doctor decries poor attitude to health
- NDC MP wants law to regulate emerging fertility industry
- How to actually teach your kid the value of money
- UN agency imports contraceptives worth $1.9m to Ghana in 2018
- Accra Mall opens applications for maiden Future Fashion Fund
- Ghanaian children depend on only one pediatric cardiologist
- Gov’t launches action plan to tackle pollution
- 7 common fights couples have during the first year of marriage
- The healthy vegetable that can poison your liver