Somotex Ghana Limited on Sunday, May 12 shared dined with mothers and female patients of the Accra Psychiatric Hospital to mark Mother’s Day.
“Our aim is geared towards providing the necessary support and to assist Accra Psychiatric Hospital to become the leading psychiatric institution in Ghana and West Africa through best practice in psychiatric care, a dedicated workforce and friendly environment for clients,” said Nii Ayi Hyde, the Managing Director of Somotex Ghana Limited.
The gesture, he noted, forms part of Somotex’s comprehensive approach to work and commitment to enhancing the lives of Ghanaians and people within the communities in which they operate.
Marketing Manager of Somotex, Frank Mickson-Yeboah also said since its inception in 1986, Somotex has constantly evolved to attain distinction with continuous innovation across the Commercial Air-conditioning sector and consumer electronics.
“Our strategic intent for the past three decades has employed a ‘first move’ advantage strategy by positioning Somotex as a leader in the assembling and distribution of Consumer Electronics in Ghana.”
He said Somotex Ghana Limited in partnership with its affiliate, Mohinani Group, launched a recycling and waste management campaign and competition across Ghana, to educate and sensitise citizens and the younger generation on proper waste management and disposal.
The campaign was also to promote a safe and healthy environment for all. The competition has seen the group in partnership with Environment 360, educate over 30,000 students across 70 schools, on recycling and waste management,” he added.
Mr. Mr. Mickson-Yeboah said: “We are poised to leverage on our strong network of operating units, redistribution channels, retail outlets, shops, QSR’s and after-sales team with the aim of caring and delighting our customers/clients. We are fully committed to delighting our shoppers and customers with resourceful products and technologies."
In 2018, Somotex was adjudged the Electronics Company of the Year by Ghana Business Awards owning to a number of successful Corporate Social Responsibility programs involving giving back to the communities where they operate.
Electromart, the retail arm of Somotex, is a three-time Multiple CIMG Award recipient for Best Electronics Retail outlet of the years 2015, 2016 and 2017 with 20 Electromart showrooms and four world-class service centers across Ghana.
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Government to upgrade Binaba Health Centre to PolyClinic
- Zoomlion, Health Ministry to deploy technology to map mosquito breeding sites
- 2019 NSMQ finalists take healthcare cover at Medifem
- Patients to pay more as GMA increases cost of medical services
- Fashion Friday: 22 countries, 44 designers make history at 2019 MB Global Fashion Week
- UCC medical school holds 10th white coat ceremony
- Fashion Friday: African-made luxury fashion is making a comeback
- Denied access to baby, ordeal of '63-yr-old' in mental home retold
- Cheating and manipulation: Confessions of a gaslighter
- Young people reporting Parkinson’s disease, health expert disturbed
- Community support for psychiatric patients adequate - Mental health Specialist
- Gov't settles trainee nurses' allowance for 2018/19 academic year
- GHS launches mobile app to strengthen disease surveillance
- When you're in a relationship and crushing on someone else; here’s how to deal with it
- Gov't set to adopt WHO-approved biological agent for mosquito control