Women are amazing – trust me. Not only are they best managers at everything they do, but they are also great planners. While men will step out virtually empty-handed save their phone and cash in their pockets or wallets, women will carry their ‘world’ with them wherever they go.
Their handbags are their world, and they will proudly carry this world with them anytime, any day. The items in their handbag could range from make-ups, hand sanitizers, sunscreen, to ‘back-up’ slippers. And this is why men should never peep into ladies’ handbags!
Jumia Ghana, the e-commerce giant, is this week spotlighting fashion during its Fashion Week,and so in the spirit of enhancing ladies’ health and fashion, Jumiaset out to find out from women the five (5) essential items every lady needs in her handbag. For Carolina Ricci, the Head of Fashion at Jumia Ghana, her top picks are poreless powder, moisturizing cream, lip balm, perfume, and lipstick. The list below is compiled from a tall list of responses from women across professional, age and ethnic spectrum.
Women, unlike men, are hygiene freaks and they would want to clean their hands from even a simple handshake with a stranger or after using the ATM. For women, they must protect themselves and those they come into contact with from diseases and thus the hand sanitizer is an important feature in their handbags. If you are a lady and do not currently carry one, then consider doing so.
Every woman wants to look their best before entering into that meeting or getting off the vehicle. Because of this, women will always want to freshen up at every given opportunity. A lady’s handbag must thus always have a small pouch containing your mascara, lipstick, mirror and other beauty essentials to help you appear on point every time.
Bad breath is a turn-off, well, for everyone. That’s why every lady needs some breath mints in her handbag, just in case you have kenkey for lunch. You always need to smell minty fresh when giving that hug or peck to that special someone and mints always do the trick.
This is, without doubt, one key essential that should feature in every lady’s handbag. Tissues always come in handy when it is time to do the dirty work. And ladies - you do not want to be found wanting when you need to clean the make-up off your face or blow your nose. A good wad of tissue in your handbag is always crucial.
In our part of the world with the sun always at its scorching best, one could leave home smelling all nice and turn up later in the day smelling like a fish. And these days, most people form opinions about people’s personalities through the way they smell. Perfumes and body mists are important accessories that must always be in your handbag if you always want to leave lasting memories.
So ladies, any time you are stepping out of home, consider these essential items if you are not already doing so. They will help you become the gorgeous, confident woman you have always been desiring to be.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- This is why you grieve the ending of Game of Thrones
- Contractor of UG Hospital project gives back to society
- Breastfeeding may lower women's risk for heart disease
- Samira Bawumia attends 72nd World Health Assembly session in Geneva
- AFPNC donates to mothers of premature, sick babies on Mother’s Day
- Passion trumps love for sex in relationships
- Students schooled on menstrual hygiene management
- Government urged to increase funding for family medicine
- Bowel cancer rates rising 'among young adults'
- The sons and daughters who defy parents to marry the ones they love
- Holy Family Hospital gets $200,000 worth of supplies from Sultan Drinks Ghana
- 2.5m children at risk of sanitation, water-related diseases
- Fashion Friday: These bridal hairstyle ideas are worth considering
- Health Ministry gets clearance to recruit 54,000 health workers
- Malaria vaccine: Children not being used as guinea pigs - Ghana Health Service