Family Health Hospital (FHH) is embarking on massive infrastructural expansion work at its eye, dental and dialysis centres for improved patient care.
The expansion works are also to cater for increasing student numbers at the Family Health University College.
The expansion work comprises of an enhanced Paedriatic Unit that would take in more children; a larger Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and more Consulting Rooms for Specialists. The Emergency Unit has been expanded to accommodate both male and female patients.
The hospital has also acquired a Heart-Lung equipment which will soon be used for open-heart surgeries.
FHH, apart from providing excellent and quality healthcare, also serves as a training and attachment centre for both medical and nursing students at the Family Health University College.
About the university
Family Health University College started in a garage at 51 Guggisberg Street, Korle Bu, Korle Gonno, Mamprobi, in 1997 as a Diagnostic Centre.
It was later moved to Zoti road, in a rented premise, and then to its permanent location at Teshie, directly opposite the Kofi Annan International Peace Keeping Training Centre.
Family Health University College comprises a Hospital, a Nursing and Midwifery School, and a Medical School. Prof. Enyonam Yao Kwawukume is the President of Family Health University College, and Dr Susu Bridget Kwawukume is the Chief Medical Director of Family Health Hospital.
Register, Mrs. Rita Kaine, Principal of the Nursing School, Mrs. Augustina Ofori, and Mrs. Reeta Auguste, Ambassador for FHMS, actively support the Administrative wing on the University College.
Family Health Medical School is Ghana's premier private medical school with modern facilities, spacious laboratories and lecture halls.
It is affiliated to the University of Ghana and accredited by the National Accreditation Board.
The Medical School offers a six-year Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of Medicine (MB ChB) programme. At the end of the first three years, students obtain a Bachelor of Science Degree, and thereafter the MB ChB Degree which qualifies them as Medical Doctors.
Students are from Ghana, Pakistan, Lebanon, Cameroon, Nigeria, Benin, the United States of America, Britain and Canada.
The 2019/2020 admission is opened to WASSCE/SSSCE applicants with Credit passes (i.e. at least grade C6 or its equivalent) in the following core subjects: English, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science, Social Studies and three (3) of the following Elective Subjects; Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Elective Mathematics.
Other admission opportunities at the Family Health Medical School include: IGCSE/GCE (Cambridge) - 'O' and 'A' Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB), American High School Grade 12 & 13 Examinations, Other external qualifications with equivalences to WASSCE and GCE (A Levels).
On the part of Graduate applicants, one must hold a good First Degree (Second Class or better) in Basic Medical, Biological, Biomathematical, Physical Science, or any relevant Science related discipline.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- This is what no one tells you about divorce
- New malaria vaccine safe, 'rigorously' tested - MoH
- Ban on alcohol not solution to responsible drinking – FDA told
- First Lady cuts sod for new health centre at Kwame Anum
- Why people have makeup sex after an argument and why it's so hot
- Avoid buying herbal ‘drugs’ that promise multiple cures
- This is why you grieve the ending of Game of Thrones
- Contractor of UG Hospital project gives back to society
- Breastfeeding may lower women's risk for heart disease
- Samira Bawumia attends 72nd World Health Assembly session in Geneva
- AFPNC donates to mothers of premature, sick babies on Mother’s Day
- Passion trumps love for sex in relationships
- Students schooled on menstrual hygiene management
- Government urged to increase funding for family medicine
- Bowel cancer rates rising 'among young adults'