These five milestones are proof your relationship is on the right path.
Being frank with each other
In a new relationship, you are always careful of what you say, do, and portray. It’s just that both you and your partner will be treading the ground safely, since you are still getting to know each other. This is the phase where most unwanted compromises are made by each partner, just to be accommodating. The milestone is when you think you are secure enough to tell your partner frankly what you think of something without wondering whether he will judge you.
Yes, even though travelling seems a popular activity, it is a milestone when you travel alone with your SO, since you will get to learn his habits, quirks, and likes and dislikes. Similarly, he will also get an idea of your traits. Sharing a room will help you learn each other’s patterns.
Meeting the parents
Most people want to introduce their partners to their parents only when they see something concrete in the relationship. So if you have progressed from meeting each other’s close friends to siblings to parents, it is a big step. Each person looks for a different kind of approval from the loved ones, so seeking their opinion becomes imperative.
Spending time indoors in pyjamas
If you have reached a level of comfort where you are okay not dressing up for a date and being with each other at home, ordering in, you have reached a phase where you know you don’t always need to dress to impress. You don’t need to be uncomfortable with what you wear, you simply wear pyjamas and have a movie marathon at home.
You don’t hesitate to say no
You don’t have to think a hundred times before saying no to something because you don’t want to turn him down. If he asks to watch a movie that you don’t want to, and you find you can safely turn him down, it is progress! Similarly, he could opt out of an event you want to attend, and it would be all right.
Have your say
More Lifestyle Headlines
- When your temper becomes a free ticket to prison
- Invest in monitoring of preeclampsia - APEC GH
- After breaking up with her cheating boyfriend, this woman lost almost half her size
- We marry character, not love – Counselor
- All 275 constituencies ‘to get ambulances in August’
- Fashion Friday: Online store carrying celebrities' favorite African designer brands
- AIDS Commission criticised for ignoring ‘potential HIV breakthrough cure’
- This is what no one tells you about divorce
- New malaria vaccine safe, 'rigorously' tested - MoH
- Ban on alcohol not solution to responsible drinking – FDA told
- First Lady cuts sod for new health centre at Kwame Anum
- Why people have makeup sex after an argument and why it's so hot
- Avoid buying herbal ‘drugs’ that promise multiple cures
- This is why you grieve the ending of Game of Thrones
- Contractor of UG Hospital project gives back to society