Audio By Carbonatix
Liverpool are unlikely to sell left-back Andy Robertson to Tottenham in the transfer window as things stand.
After considering an offer of £5m from Spurs for Robertson, who is out of contract in the summer, the Reds have decided they cannot proceed.
A deal was agreed in principle between the clubs last week that the move could happen after Liverpool's final Champions League match on Wednesday.
However, the deal was also dependent on Liverpool being able to recall left-back Kostas Tsimikas from his loan at Roma, which they have not been able to do so far.
Defender Joe Gomez also suffered an injury that forced him off in the first half of Saturday's Premier League defeat at Bournemouth.
It is understood Robertson was not pushing for a move, although the Scotland captain is keen to play more regularly before this summer's World Cup.
Liverpool signed him from Hull City for £8m in 2017 during Jurgen Klopp's reign, and he has made 364 appearances for the Reds.
The 31-year-old has won nine trophies during his time at Anfield, including two Premier League titles and the Champions League.
However, he is no longer the first-choice left-back under Arne Slot, with Milos Kerkez the preferred option.
Robertson came off the bench to replace Kerkez against Bournemouth, but he has started just four times in the Premier League this season.
After the match, Liverpool captain Virgil van Dijk said he wants Robertson to stay, calling him a "very important" member of the squad.
Defending champions Liverpool are sixth in the league, 14 points behind leaders Arsenal, but are in a strong position to reach the Champions League last 16 and will face Brighton in the fourth round of the FA Cup next month.
The transfer window closes on 2 February.
Latest Stories
-
Mali renews Barrick Mining’s Loulo license for 10 more years
2 hours -
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
2 hours -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
2 hours -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
2 hours -
‘Trump will be gone in three years’: Top Democrats try to reassure Europe
3 hours -
Cuban cigar festival called off as US blockade worsens energy crisis
3 hours -
Head of Dubai-based ports giant quits after Epstein links revealed
3 hours -
Nigeria’s state-owned NNPC records $4.2 billion after-tax profit in 2025
3 hours -
French tourist found dead in Chad after falling off cliff
3 hours -
Asuogyaman MP commissions four projects, breaks ground for more on birthday
3 hours -
GNFS averts potential petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
3 hours -
Ferocious fire at Agatex Paint Factory in Ho contained
4 hours -
MTN Ghana drives nationwide blood mobilisation in partnership with Ho Teaching Hospital
4 hours -
MTN Ghana leads lifesaving blood drive as Ho Teaching Hospital warns of critical shortages
4 hours -
KNUST dominate maiden SEEDAfrique Relay Open Championship in Kumasi
5 hours
