The Government, through the Ministry of Finance, presented the 2021 mid-year review to Parliament in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Financial Management Act, 2016 (Act 921).
Mid-year budget reviews have often come with supplementary budgets, with governments making requests to Parliament for additional funding to cover pressing expenditures for the year.
However, this year’s was without a supplementary budget, and the revised fiscal framework for 2021 is kept within the fiscal target of 9.5 per cent of GDP. The Minister says the country will stay within the 2021 Appropriation.
Today on Newsfile, host, Evans Mensah and his panellists discussed the economic and fiscal performance of the economy for the first half of 2021 and the implementation of key programmes by the incumbent government.
Also, one of the many issues that has been the talk of the town recently is the Ghana’sAnti-LGBTQ+ bill.
The show looked at the bill and discussed the contentious parts of the bill: who does this law affect? Who does this law protect? Which rights does this law defend? Which rights does this law remove? Who are those in favour of it? Who are those against it?
- There’s no space for 499 students at Ghana Law School – Akufo-Addo
- We don’t pay our taxes to Aflao Chief – Ablakwa tells Akufo-Addo
- Medikal reportedly arrested for brandishing a gun
- Henry Quartey initially didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister – Akufo-Addo
- 2 police officers die in high-speed chase; 3 others injured
- Prof Kwadwo Appiagyei-Atua: Intrusion of national security details on campus a violation of academic freedom and democracy
- Ghana would’ve been buried if Covid-19 broke out under NDC’s tenure – Akufo-Addo
- Medikal to appear in court for brandishing gun amid #FreeShattaWale campaign
- Akufo-Addo must apologise to Aflao Chief – Ketu South MP
- World Cup Qualifiers: Ethiopia to host Ghana in Johannesburg
LiMAP-GH partners four institutions to screen women in Tarkwa for cancer
Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set
NaaKay of Nkasei Fame re-brands as ‘Afro Yesus’
Accra High Court endorses closure of Obengfo Hospital
Hearts of Oak arrive in Morocco ahead of Wydad encounter
Womanising, drug abuse cause downfall of many local musicians – Bob Pinodo
Establish legal education reform commission over GSL mass failures – Minority Leader to Akufo-Addo
Ghana’s education must meet dictates of fourth revolution – Minister
Medikal remanded in prison custody for 5 days
Ban on ‘aboboyaa’ on Accra highways to take effect from Nov. 1 – Henry Quartey
Insurance industry stakeholders declare August as blood donation month
Zeroing of Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levies to begin in November – NPA
Education Ministry Audit unit lauded for its good financial management practices
STC struggling to cope with increasing cost of fuel – Nana Akomea
We can build Ghana through industrialisation – Lands Minister