Audio By Carbonatix
Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has dismissed the notion that the Selecao will be under intense pressure at the World Cup next year, insisting his side will be crowned champions.
Felipao was speaking after his side trounced Honduras 5-0 at Sun Life Stadium in Miami to grab their 11th victory in their last 12 outings.
And asked whether he felt his team could buckle under the pressure on home soil next year, the 'professor' was unequivocal.
"There is no pressure on Brazil to be world champions. Brazil will be champions," he said before making a swift exit.
It was the second time he was asked the question, previously answering that if he didn't think his side could win the tournament he "would stay at home on the couch."
Five different scorers were on target on Saturday evening, taking Brazil's tally to 18 goals in their last five outings, though Felipao was not convinced the scoreline reflected the balance of the game.
"5-0 does not tell the story of the match," he said.
"With the way we played, it could have been 2-0 or 3-0. The goals arrived because we exploited some [attacking situations].
"With the level that we have in the squad and the productivity displayed this evening, the result was good. We saw what we wanted to from the players."
Brazil will leave Miami for Toronto on Monday where they will face Chile at the Rogers Centre on November 19.
Latest Stories
-
NDC accepts CJ’s ruling on petitions against EC Chair and others – Abass Nurudeen
5 minutes -
NSA confirms payment of November and December 2025 allowances
12 minutes -
Minority alleges revenue collapse and fiscal contraction under Mahama gov’t
19 minutes -
Minority raises alarm over commodity dependence and cocoa sector crisis
26 minutes -
Parliament descends into partisan brawl as MPs trade blame over Burkina Faso terrorist attack
26 minutes -
Minority warns against ‘artificial stability’ in assessment of Mahama administration
31 minutes -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Leading with Consistency and Credibility
38 minutes -
An injury to one is an injury to all – TUC Chairman slams COCOBOD pay cuts
45 minutes -
A Modern Blueprint to end Ghana’s “No Bed Syndrome”: A Systems Approach for a new era of emergency care
54 minutes -
Minority questions 24-hour economy and job creation claims
59 minutes -
US Supreme Court rules that Trump’s sweeping emergency tariffs are illegal
1 hour -
Symphonic Music releases ‘King of Kings’ EP
1 hour -
Developing Ghana’s steel base will power infrastructure and jobs – Mahama
1 hour -
Trump directs US government to prepare release of files on aliens and UFOs
1 hour -
Apam-Mankessim Highway blocked after fuel tanker accident
1 hour
