A 51-year-old man has been arrested for defrauding Sawla View Hotel in the Savannah Region of an amount of GH¢260,000.
Abdul Karim Saeed is said to have spent six months at the hotel without making any payment.
According to the management of the hotel, Abdul Karim and one other colleague claimed a US-based NGO they work with would pay for the accommodation.
The NGO is alleged to be into bottle recycling.
But after several failed attempts to get Saeed to settle his debt, the issue was reported to the Sawla Police.
The unnamed accomplice left the Savannah Region for Kumasi and is currently at large.
According to the Sawla District Police Station Officer, Chief Inspector Awuni, Mr Karim Saeed will be arraigned before the Bole District Magistrate Court.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- Judiciary must not be seen as bias in setting timelines for cases – Pumpuni Asante
- Seun Kuti opens up on experience in ‘three-person cell’ with 30 inmates
- We use ‘second-hand’ diapers, toilet rolls during menses – Girls admit as Mace supplies free sanitary pads
- Air New Zealand weighing passengers before flying
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- Supreme Court verdict sets the rule clear going forward – Daniel Domelevo
- I have no regret serving as Auditor-General – Yao Domelevo
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election
- 2023 AfroSport Summit: LaLiga joins conference for second straight year
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system
- Climate Change Talks: Loss and Damage Fund and GST take centre stage as AGN strategises for Bonn SB58